Memory Not Clearing Between Frames

I know this discussion has been going on for quite some time but I am truly hoping someone has found a solution to this issue when rendering animations.  The issue is the same one everyone else seems to be having - when rendering an animation the memory does not clear and after the first frame it drops to CPU.  I have tried many things - Optix on and off, optimizing the scene for smaller memory consumption, starting a windowed render to 'preload' the textures etc.. nothing is working.  It has worked for me in the past but I just have no idea what is causing the issue this time.  And yes, I am rendering directly to file!  Has anyone had this issue and found a solution?

When rendering this scene my card has about 5gb used of 6gb total VRAM on the card.

GTX 1060 6gb, DS 4.12.0.86, Windows 10, Latest NVIDIA driver

Thanks!

Comments

• XavXav Posts: 3

Having the identical problem on similar hardware. First frame renders fine, however as soon as it starts rendering the 2nd frame it switches to CPU rendering of the scene. The only method I have found to resolve the problem is to simplify the scene to such a point, as to allow all of the textures to be stored on the graphics card VRAM. However this is effectively limiting me to render one G8 figure with simplified textures. This problem is preventing me from creating animations, that I depend upon for my livelihood.

System: GTX 1060 6GB, Windows 10 64 bit, 32GB System RAM.

The issue is 100% repeatable and has be tested with the following Daz / nVidia combinations:

Daz3D: 4.12.0.86 and 4.12.1.40

nVidia: 430.86 Studio, 441.28 Studio

• RYCRYC Posts: 11

I did find a solution for at least 1 scene..  If I was able to optimize it enough.. about 4.8gb used of 6 total gb then the scene clears fine and boots the next one.  Was able to do 45 frames with no issues.

@Xav - I hope you figure it out, I know how frustrating this can be.

RYC

• XavXav Posts: 3

I think it is really just a matter of the Daz technical staff fixing the program code. There is a stream of post relating to the same issue in the current beta thread. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/341006/daz-studio-pro-beta-version-4-12-1-40-updated/p33

If they don't fix, you may see people looking for other rendering alternatives.