The "Powered by Hot Pockets" Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i can seee how filthy my floor is, kitchen tiles disgusting. ickkkk

cant see letters on leyboard.  cant see my eyebrows in mirror, cant see my fingernails to cut trim them.  i hate not being able to do the simple things.
    went for a alk, can see twigs and crappe on the ground now.  used my cane, no rollator.  not quite ready for fencing lessons yet. lol  i want to run around on the grass. legs forgot how 

canta lope for dinner.  would be nice to read the can labels at grocery shopping.  soup surprise.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,189

If you can read this then get to  drugstore and buy a suitable pair of reading glasses.indecision

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

The John Belushi Memorial "Everyone is Blurry and out of focus" complaint thread.

to read is a deal breaker.  crying so much   have teh post op appt tomorrow. dont wanna go

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

Why does it need to be a "complaint" thread?

I mean...with all the people crying in the corner, shouldn't we rethink the complaint thread?  Seems a bit "Debbie Downer" to me.  Apologies to people named Debbie and people named Downer.

I propose we rename it "The Swirl", because that's what it is.  A swirl of thoughts, humor, experiences, cooking tips, music selections, computer building advice, and all the other stuff that makes up LIFE.

Life is a gift, and I ain't complainin' 'bout that!

edited July 2020

If life is a gift from God, then God is an "Indian giver" because he takes it back.indecision

Wikipedia: "Indian giver" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_giver#:~:text=Indian%20giver%20is%20an%20American,people%20with%20whom%20they%20traded.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited July 2020

"The random thoughts thread"

sub-categories,

Complaint:

Non-complaint:

OMG:

Wheee:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I mean...with all the people crying in the corner, shouldn't we rethink the complaint thread?  Seems a bit "Debbie Downer" to me.  Apologies to people named Debbie and people named Downer.

I propose we rename it "The Swirl", because that's what it is.  A swirl of thoughts, humor, experiences, cooking tips, music selections, computer building advice, and all the other stuff that makes up LIFE.

It has historically always been the "complaint Thread"  and has run for almost as long as Daz has had forums.   It was actually posted originally as the antithesis of a complaint, taking the micky out of all the bad tempered, whingy, complaining, threads that were around in the forums.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,022

Yeah! So there.

The Taking the Mickey Out of Your Complaints, complaint thread.

ay recomends for a brandy?

headed up to the storess in a bit.  restocking on roscato and long island barefoot
    yous ever try a long island ice tea?

dont kow much of anything bout brandy.

edited July 2020

Imbibing alcohol before or after surgery probably not high on the doctor's recommendations list.

Personally, I am partial to apricot or peach brandy.  Not fussy about brand, but more $$$ is probably smoother but I wouldn't know, I just spend $$.indecision

Recently I discovered Amaretto, an almond flavored liqueur from a base of whisky.  Smoooth. yes  One shot is all I ever do.  Then it's nap time.

Hmmm... Amaretto, almond flavor and smell, possibly a good thing to hide cyanide in.surprise  Be sure you trust your bartender.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,739

Imbibing alcohol before or after surgery probably not high on the doctor's recommendations list.

Especially not if you're the surgeon.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,225

Non-complaint: the battery life on my Surface is actually pretty decent when I’m not doing any rendering or simulations. I won’t even need to recharge it before my shift is up. 

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited July 2020

i spent 30 minutes trying to help my dad setup a new spreadsheet because he didn't remember what formula to use and I didn't want to use the wrong one.  we ended up opening a backup spreadsheet and dug around 50 pages looking for the correct forumula.

Post edited by starionwolf on
    Gordig said:

Non-complaint: the battery life on my Surface is actually pretty decent when I’m not doing any rendering or simulations. I won’t even need to recharge it before my shift is up. 

It's these new-fangled smaller electrons they're using now.  They can get more into a smaller package.wink

Taoz said:

Especially not if you're the surgeon.

amaretto enlightenedyes  dang hafta go all the way back to the store tomorrow

Chohole said:

It has historically always been the "complaint Thread"  and has run for almost as long as Daz has had forums.   It was actually posted originally as the antithesis of a complaint, taking the micky out of all the bad tempered, whingy, complaining, threads that were around in the forums.

Thank you for the explanation.  But I still feel a change should be considered. 

I submit to all of you that doing something for no other reason than "it's what we've always done" is the WORST reason to do it, because it gives permission to never (ever) change or improve one's self.

Yes, I'm trying to shake up the established norms here, there, and everywhere.  It's what I do, and it's what I've become good at.  And in fact, it's partly why somebody is willing to pay me a salary.

P.S., if it MUST be a complaint thread, then I would vote for the "Why can't we rethink complaint" thread.  But that seems pessimistic and I'm not at all that way.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,225

Nobody is stopping you from creating that thread. 

edited July 2020

But, but, but..., the thread has always ended with "complaint thread".  It's what gives it its heritage, its lineage.

But the following would work with or without the "complaint" adjective.

The "Kvetch & Wheee" <complaint> thread.

Wheee.., a friend called me on the phone (how quaint), and offered to take me uptown on Thursday.  Yay, laundry, drugstore & special groceries, here I come.  AND she also indicated she was going WAY up town.  That means I can finally get to OfficeMax to recycle my dead UPS batteries and get them out of the way.  Life is good.smiley

Yeah, yeah, I know.  Risky riding with other people, but she and her husband are as isolated as I am and with particular health reasons to avoid infection BUT they have a car, I don't.  So, it's probably her that's taking the risk.  And besides, it's way better than using the local "bus" system.frown  And WAY cheaper and safer than using Uber or taxi.surprise

Gordig said:

if you dont like our complaint thread dont visit it

The Mileage Varies Complaint Thread

does Harbo(u)r Master have a 'u' in it?

so confusing.  can't find a queen's english dictionary on amazon 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,883
    Mystiarra said:
    Gordig said:

you could call it the wendyluvscatz always gets modded if she posts in it thread cheeky

at least this post might bump the end nearer even if it disappears laugh

edited July 2020
    Mystiarra said:
    Gordig said:

you could call it the wendyluvscatz always gets modded if she posts in it thread cheeky

at least this post might bump the end nearer even if it disappears laugh

The Postapocalypse Complaint Thread smiley

trying a new search site  DuckDuckGo

bing makin me crazy with the unXable edge banner

Post edited by Mistara on
    Mystiarra said:
    Gordig said:

He was here (sort of) complaining.  Our mission accomplished.yes

edited July 2020

Complaint:  Arghhh..., again my CPU fan stopped and the heat zoomed up enough to cause the case fan to rev up to full blast to try to compensate and bringing my attention to the failure.frown  I've been leaving the side off of the computer for the last week or so.  That made it easy to just flick the fan with my finger to restart it.yes  But, now I guess I'll have to finally replace the CPU fan/heatsink assembly with the new one that I bought recently.indecision  I was hoping that the problem would just go away, but no such luck. 

I like tinkering inside my computers but only when motivated by having to fix complete failures, to be able to get back on-line as quickly as possible.  This fan issue is like a leaky roof, only a problem when it rains.  Fan flicking works but I really should fix the problem properly.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,739

Complaint:  Arghhh..., again my CPU fan stopped and the heat zoomed up enough to cause the case fan to rev up to full blast to try to compensate and bringing my attention to the failure.frown  I've been leaving the side off of the computer for the last week or so.  That made it easy to just flick the fan with my finger to restart it.yes  But, now I guess I'll have to finally replace the CPU fan/heatsink assembly with the new one that I bought recently.indecision  I was hoping that the problem would just go away, but no such luck. 

I like tinkering inside my computers but only when motivated by having to fix complete failures, to be able to get back on-line as quickly as possible.  This fan issue is like a leaky roof, only a problem when it rains.  Fan flicking works but I really should fix the problem properly.

Well it's good to replace the thermal paste regularly anyway, I've planned to do it on all my PCs soon as CPU temperatures have slowly gone up over time.

"The preapocalypse, complaint thread."

This discussion has been closed.