☺☻→ Holiday Gifts from Daz PAs ←☻☺

Comments

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited December 2019

i made a new thread with this - original post erased. kill it or leave it...

Post edited by manekiNeko on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    MelanieL said:
    MelanieL said:
    MelanieL said:

Well it's turning into a real bumper year for presents this year - thank you PA's!

I finally got some of them downloaded, installed and had the chance to play - here's a quickie of the first 10-days-worth. (Next 10 days to follow...)

that's a lovely one :) all that dancing around with cold feet in winter and swinging those cups around of course the ornaments are getting broken ...amazed the tree is still standing!

Tee hee - I had to get a Tag Pose in there too! Thanks.

Very clever use of all the PA Gifts.

Thank you! (I think the next 10-days-worth is going to be more of a challenge for me though, as they were very very varied)

@MelanieL: You have a long history of doing great RRRR contest entries so pulling off renders with weird collection of items comes natural to you ;-)

• Gosh! I need to start playing with these freebies sometime soon!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    Totte said:
    MelanieL said:
    MelanieL said:
    MelanieL said:

Well it's turning into a real bumper year for presents this year - thank you PA's!

I finally got some of them downloaded, installed and had the chance to play - here's a quickie of the first 10-days-worth. (Next 10 days to follow...)

that's a lovely one :) all that dancing around with cold feet in winter and swinging those cups around of course the ornaments are getting broken ...amazed the tree is still standing!

Thank you! (I think the next 10-days-worth is going to be more of a challenge for me though, as they were very very varied)

@MelanieL: You have a long history of doing great RRRR contest entries so pulling off renders with weird collection of items comes natural to you ;-)

I'm sorry I've not been able to participate in RRRR for a while - stuff happened, then I lost my enthusiasm for a while - but maybe I'll make a comeback soon!

MelanieL said:
    Totte said:
    MelanieL said:
    MelanieL said:
    MelanieL said:

I'm sorry I've not been able to participate in RRRR for a while - stuff happened, then I lost my enthusiasm for a while - but maybe I'll make a comeback soon!

You are welcome back, a new round will soon start, to keep Luci from spending too much time watching Christmas movies on the Telli ;-)

edited December 2019

And based on the number of freebies we've had (15 in the first 10 days, then 17 in the next 8 days)  I decided to make my cut-off December 20th this time. (I found myself using the hide/show/etc script bundle a lot while building these, so thank you Riversort Art for that, even though it's not visible in the scene).

ETA: Oh and I couldn't very well use both the "Render in a Box" in one scene, so I just extracted the snowman and used him as a wall decoration in the Christmas Tree Render in a Box.

Christmas-Presents-Dec13-to-20.jpg
    768 x 896 - 789K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    Totte said:
    MelanieL said:
    Totte said:
    MelanieL said:
    MelanieL said:
    MelanieL said:

You are welcome back, a new round will soon start, to keep Luci from spending too much time watching Christmas movies on the Telli ;-)

Ha Ha! You may notice your crate set making a couple of appearances in the above - I sort of gift-wrapped the sledge as a present, but the box is yours too - thanks.

Nice scene ;-)

Saw that ;-) You can never have to many crates and boxes, ever!

• ZaiZai Posts: 289
    edited December 2019

Haha...that scene is awesome. That must be crazy making trying to find a use for EVERYTHING :)

Post edited by Zai on

Thanks, Zai - I started out hoping to use absolutely everything (right up to the end of the giveaway) but soon realised it was too big a task for me - and for my PC too!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,154
    edited December 2019

Good work, @MelanieL. I only used a few of the most recent gifts in this image, but I thought I might as well post it. I hope the PAs drop in to see that we have used and appreciated their gifts.
    https://www.daz3d.com/merrymaking-style-for-genesis-8-female
    https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-blended-dual-lobe-hair-shader-christmas-blend-for-iray
    https://www.daz3d.com/ptf-holiday-teardrop-earrings
    https://www.daz3d.com/holiday-wrapping-papers

Edie 8 mix strand hair XMAS shaders_001.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ZaiZai Posts: 289

Oh wow..I hadn't though to use them on clothes! That top came out super cute :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,154
    Zai said:

Oh wow..I hadn't though to use them on clothes! That top came out super cute :)

Thanks, shaders can go on any surface, as far as I know.
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

There is a freebie by Wolfie for the Furry Tail:
    Touchable Furry Tail
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/touchable-furry-tail/84041

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Just an additional note to re-iterate my appreciation for the generosity of all the PA's participating this year. There certainly has been an outstanding quantity and variety offered. Thank you one and all!

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

I wanted to thank everyone who made these wonderful gifts. I am especially grateful to the ones who included 3delight shaders/settings.

Nice one, @barbult - I hadn't thought of using them on clothes either, that looks good!

Thanks for the link, @Kerya

And thanks to today's set of PA's too!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,745

Wow, @MelanieL and @barbult those are great. And @Kerya, thank you also for the link, grabbed that. 

And I have to admit, I looked at the page on DAZ's store with a red stocking and furry top, and a list sticking out, while drinking my first cup of coffee. 'Scrips?' 'Huh?' Nice stocking. Put it in my cart still. Later, saw someone raving about 'scripts' always loving them. 'Huh?' Yesterday, I finally looked at the file in DAZ Studio. Smack my head on the keyboard. RiverSoftArt, I may be your dumbest user, but I love your products and this is so needed by me. I was doing these functions manually earlier yesterday. Now, I just have to remember to look for a Christmas Stocking!

So many lovely items, so many wonderful ideas. Thank you all.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

The 3 freebies on offer 20191222 - Sunday aren't actually showing up in DIM to be downloaded after purchase:

https://www.daz3d.com/santas-sleigh

https://www.daz3d.com/ig-photographers-toolbox-super-portrait-camera

https://www.daz3d.com/ps-fancy-leggings-for-genesis-8-female

• RSand55RSand55 Posts: 155

Thanks very much for the great gifts. Truly generous.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

Thank you for the great gifts! :)

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

The 3 freebies on offer 20191222 - Sunday aren't actually showing up in DIM to be downloaded after purchase:

https://www.daz3d.com/santas-sleigh

https://www.daz3d.com/ig-photographers-toolbox-super-portrait-camera

https://www.daz3d.com/ps-fancy-leggings-for-genesis-8-female

yeah, not showing up in DIM for me either. I just downloaded them from my account page and dropped them in the DIM download folder.DIM found them after I clicked the refresh button and installed them just fine after that

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252

There seems to be a *huge* variety in this year's gifts. This is much appreciated. Thank you, all of you.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    Zylox said:

I wanted to thank everyone who made these wonderful gifts. I am especially grateful to the ones who included 3delight shaders/settings.

Welcome!  heart

• I really like digitally simulated historical cameras... Looking forward to trying this Polaroid. :)

Wonderful set of xmas presents this year! Thank you all very much :)

• Thank you all so much! There is SO MUCH useful stuff, and my favorite is probably Kylo Ren's shuttle from Mely3D. He's my favorite character in the new trilogy (because he has the most interesting arc, plus I dig his mask and lightsaber with the quillons). I just got HitFilm Pro last week, so I'm anxious to try his ship out in a movie.

• MelanieL said:

And based on the number of freebies we've had (15 in the first 10 days, then 17 in the next 8 days)  I decided to make my cut-off December 20th this time. (I found myself using the hide/show/etc script bundle a lot while building these, so thank you Riversort Art for that, even though it's not visible in the scene).

ETA: Oh and I couldn't very well use both the "Render in a Box" in one scene, so I just extracted the snowman and used him as a wall decoration in the Christmas Tree Render in a Box.

You're very welcome!  I have been using those scripts or variations of them for ages but they were never big enough to make a product out of them.

• Wow, @MelanieL and @barbult those are great. And @Kerya, thank you also for the link, grabbed that. 

And I have to admit, I looked at the page on DAZ's store with a red stocking and furry top, and a list sticking out, while drinking my first cup of coffee. 'Scrips?' 'Huh?' Nice stocking. Put it in my cart still. Later, saw someone raving about 'scripts' always loving them. 'Huh?' Yesterday, I finally looked at the file in DAZ Studio. Smack my head on the keyboard. RiverSoftArt, I may be your dumbest user, but I love your products and this is so needed by me. I was doing these functions manually earlier yesterday. Now, I just have to remember to look for a Christmas Stocking!

I am glad you like it.  Happy Holidays to Everyone! laugh

So many lovely items, so many wonderful ideas. Thank you all.

• Fisty said:

Ooooooo scripts!  I love scripts!

Thanks everyone else too!  =)

(Almost missed one)  You're welcome!