8.5 Pro is missing everything?

Support is apparently swampped so just tossing this out there in case others have seen.

I upgraded and purchased pro for the ~7 new tools and 64 bit. Besides test renders taking longer now with 64bit on my 16GB 64bit machine, all the tools I bought this for is not there. To my knowledge there should be a 3D paint tool, ocean primiative and another tool to the left of that in the main room. Vertex should have the sculpting/displacement brushes and my version although sais 64bit when loading has none of this. I found out that are some more import export options as well that I can look tonight as well as I think there are even more pro features than the ~7, but I am only focusing on the stuff that is completely obvious as not there. My version looks and feels the same (if not slower) than 32bit standard. I did uninstall standard and did install manual and DM and still no luck. Really do want pro as I joined members club just to get the price down specifically for pro.....any one else have this insure when they got pro?

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136

Did you put in the serial number for the Pro version? (I don't know if that will solve your problem, but may be worth a check)

• you didn't load the render node version by mistake?

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 2019

Look on the splash screen as Carrara loads (or click <Daz Icon> / About Carrara on the menus), it should say

"Carrara 8.5.1 Pro Build 19 (64 Bit)"

Oh one thought: did you enter the correct serial number? If you type in a "standard" serial number to Pro, it will downgrade itself and hide the pro features.

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • wow you guys are fast in response...thanks for the advice. when I installed it was taking the serial number from standard even though standard was uninstalled. I figured that DIM just added the appropriate serial. I went the the daz logo and found there was a register option (just guessed at that) put the serial number in for pro in ...did a restart and there it is. Was hoping the 64 bit would mean twice or a 3rd as fast as 32 bit but oh well maybe there are some other performance tweaks I need to be doing. So far all the tools I was expecting are there now. There is this one that I am still unsure of, but maybe this is from a user that has some special plugin anyone know what the tool to the left of ocean is ?

what icon is this.jpg
    172 x 62 - 22K
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Hmm, I don't have that icon, it's almost certainly a plugin and you've got me curious.  For me to the left of the ocean I have a capsule/murkiness/torus dropdown (free plugins from Sparrowhawke) and then Architools, then Anything Grooves/AnythingGlows (plugin from Digital Carver's Guild, also now free).  

For all of my icons I can hover my mouse pointer over them and it will tell me what it is.  You could try that, see if it gives you any idea.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795
    edited December 2019

oops.. doesn't matter ,,, lol

I've seen it but can't remember it

There is this one that I am still unsure of, but maybe this is from a user that has some special plugin anyone know what the tool to the left of ocean is ?

Post edited by Stezza on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

It's "Belt/Pulleys", from Sparrowhawke.

• Was hoping the 64 bit would mean twice or a 3rd as fast as 32 bit but oh well maybe there are some other performance tweaks I need to be doing.

Have you tried rendering instead of using the spot render tool (Camera icon)? I seem to remember that the spot render isn't multithreaded and is much slower than rendering. I never use it anymore. I have a Mac. Maybe it's different on a PC. 

On PC (for me at least), the spot render tool is multithreaded and just as quick as the render room.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

dont forget howie's snow scene smiley,  is in a separate d/l  https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/#prod_8444

• kylegonyerkylegonyer Posts: 20
    edited December 2019

Thanks again for the comments on the mystery tool. Did not relaize that some 3rd party plugins install in the top bar with actual icons etc. Looks like both sparrowhawke and digital carvers are gold mines I need to check out. I briefly took a peak and there are some interesting ones there. For the machine I have at the moment (I know I need to update) is win7 64 bit and spot and render room are about the same speed for me at least. It might be faster than 32bit for some things, but was expecting a huge jump...maybe with win10 or if I just crawl the forum here for performance reccomendations would be next on my list. Did just download and try Luxcore which is fast for reflections and glass and have that bryce type nano window when you work, but it uses completely different light and textures schema. I may do a post later on this for others who may not have tried it yet.

Post edited by kylegonyer on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i still searching for luxus skin shaders.

looks good at first, but i let it run overnight and the skin turned awwfull

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

64-bits is not a magic speed hike, it just means everything internally is twice as big - 64 bits instead of 32. That of itself won't make anything faster, but it does allow for bigger scenes, removes the likeligood of running out of memory etc.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210
    Mystarra said:

It was either at Carrara Cafe or the forum posts here (Luxus) where I learned to build skin shaders. It took some practice for me to learn, but it turns out fantastic when you get it! Seems like transparency map hair and such looks really nice in Lux as well. I haven't (yet) got it, but PhilW has a nice starter pack for Luxus in Carrara. I decided to stick with the native photorealistic render engine, so forgot to grab Phil's helper pack. I'll have to grab that when I can and give Luxus for Carrara another spin - it's been on my todo list.

edited December 2019

Yeah, Sparrowhawke's belts and pulleys (and others) plugin is outstanding! He has some really cool tutorials on working with them too!

(check out the tutorials area!)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • rk66rk66 Posts: 432

Freely available since a few days - Iris Shader (in the laboratory)

> www.sparrowhawke3d.com/Laboratory/IrisShader.html

Mystarra said:

Hey if it helps I did a post on this sharing settings and ideas about skin shaders in luxus a while back:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/448866/

Luxus is pretty cool, I really do like the look of it once you get down some of the basics on how the render engine works.  Of course since then I moved on to Octane for my preference of unbiased render options for Carrara, mosty because the Octane plugin recognizes and can render Carrara hair, but also speed of the render (though I know Lux has made huge increases in render speed since then).  Ironically, as much as I love unbiased renders, the more time goes by and the more I learn about how to fine-tune the native Carrara render engine, the more I lean towards rendering in Carrara native :)

rk66 said:

Freely available since a few days - Iris Shader (in the laboratory)

> www.sparrowhawke3d.com/Laboratory/IrisShader.html

Hmmm... can't wait to see what this does! Thanks for the tip!