Duplicate formulas and character morphs

kassysimonkassysimon Posts: 23

Hi all.

I recently started getting the duplicate formula error so I uninstalled the last charcter which fixed the error but now G8F loads as that character each time as well as all other characters that rely upon G8F.

Ive read through many threads on how to fix this and cant get it to work.

if I install the offending character G8F functions correctly but I get the duplicate formula error. If I uninstall the offending character G8F loads with the offending charachters morphs.

Ive tried loading G8F into a scene, removing the morphs (from the uninstalled character), saving as a support asset/modified asset but this dosnt help.

Ive uninstalled both the character and G8 essentials and no luck.

Ive seen the duplicates in the log file but I dont know what I should be deleting. I did try deleting some files but they return each time a load a character.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Post edited by kassysimon on

Comments

• Are you saying it loads with a morph named for the character you just uninstalled set? That sounds like soem kind of doubling up, possibly because there was a problem when the character was updated to deal with the default for the shape being set to 1 (that's a guess, not a certainty). Had there been an update for the character? How were you installing, assuming it was from Daz and you had a choice?

• "Are you saying it loads with a morph named for the character you just uninstalled set?" Yes exactly, so strange.

I installed through install manager.

I dont recall there being an update

• Try going into the Data folder and deleting the morphs for the character in question. You can check the path by going to the readme page of the product that's causing the issue. It will tell you were the morphs were saved within your Daz 3D Library.

If your Genesis 8 Female still loads corrupted, uninstall it and re-download/install it after getting rid of the offending morphs.

If you're able, submit a ticket regarding the character which caused the issue so it can be corrected. If the PA is active on the forums, you might get a faster response by PMing him/her directly.

• Thats the thing though. When I uninstall the offending character the files are no longer there but G8F stil loads the morphs. Its like the G8 file is corrupt. But ive downloaded this twice already with the same result.

• @kassysimon, did you also installed via connect? Meaning, you installed the product through your smart content as well? If you did, then the morphs are still there but in a separate connect library and those will take preference and they will keep loading (that's the only thing that comes to mind which will explain why they keep loading. Because if they do, then that means they are still somewhere on your system).

• THAT MUST BE IT!!!!

Thank you.

Now, where is this separate connect library located? Ive never known about it.

Thanks again.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035
    edited November 2019

THAT MUST BE IT!!!!

Thank you.

Now, where is this separate connect library located? Ive never known about it.

Thanks again.

You won't be able to manually alter that library. So you want to go into your smart library. Then find the product, right click and uninstall it from there. That will get rid of the files within the connect library. :)
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • PadonePadone Posts: 3,481

.. then they ask me why I only use manual install ..