The Digital Humans of Daz3D [collab]

Hi

One of the goals that I set myself on this journey is to collaborate with as many artists as possible.

Collaborations are mutually beneficial.

We end up learning from each other, what makes each of us tick and learning more about who we are in the process.

The collaboration idea is based on the concept, Humans of New York, by Brandon Stanton. 

You can google Humans of New York to find out more, The gist of Humans of New York are photos of people that live in New York and captions of the Interviews Brandon did with these people.

Checkout https://www.instagram.com/humansofny/ to get a better idea of what I want the collaboration to look like. It’s like seeing into a moment of that person’s life, which makes them more relatable as a human.

Instead of having real people we have Daz3D figures with a caption of a moment in their life they wish to speak about.

I would love to have your characters be part of this and it will give you a chance to use your creative muscle to create a backstory for your characters.

There are some ground rules as I want this collab to be viewed by as many people as possible.

Ground Rules

1. No Nudity or sexually suggestive renders.

2. Figures must be human.

3. Figures can be any shapes or sizes, any ethnicity, any sexual orientation and any age.

4. You can post as many times as you wish as long as the figures are unique and the stories are unique. 

5. Renders must be of a figure with a visible background (See https://www.instagram.com/humansofny/ for inspiration)

6. The caption must be at least 1 paragraph long.

7. The caption should be a story that encapsulates the figure’s life.

8. Use #digizensofdaz3d on all social media platforms.

9. If you don’t use IG, please send me your images and captions and I will post on your behalf with full credit to you. I DO NOT claim other people’s renders as mine as this would go against my core values.

Please let me know if you are interested in this collab and start today by telling stories of your characters.

Please share this email with someone who you know will be interested in this collab as I want as many Daz3D artists to collab together as possible to create something that has not been done before.

I will be posting this on the Daz3D forums, Deviantart and on IG. I encourage you to do the same.

I look forward to this awesome collab coming into fruition.

If you have any questions regarding this collab, hit me up via email or IG DM.

Parmy

#DREAM

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Hey I#ve been looking at this and I must say, I don't understand what you want to do. You want everyone to make images with a tad of background and then put it on instagram?

• pbaddhanpbaddhan Posts: 127

What I would like to create is a Daz3D digital version of the humans of new york project. Please checkout the Humans of New York Instagram page to get a better idea and read some of the captions in the posts to understand what I am trying to create. I really think it's a great way for us Daz3D Artists to collaborate together and create a story for our digital human Daz3D characters.

The most important concept is the story in the caption. The render doesn't have to look amazing as the story needs to capture the hearts of people reading it.

• pbaddhanpbaddhan Posts: 127

Here is the first entry in the Digital Humans of Daz3d Collab.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5izTsAApoq/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet