DAZ 4.12 Problem - Fatal Error

So. I have an issue I cannot for the life of me completely figure out. Bar completely wiping everything (reinstalling Windows from scratch on a new drive), I've done almost everything I can think of:

* wiping my DAZ install completely, and reinstalling everything, including the database, the assets, and pretty much everything else

* installing everything via DIM (which I've always done anyway)

* wiping my library again, reinstalling only needed content for scenes

What is happening is that using something like Fit Control for G8F crashes DAZ, hard. I've tried pinpointing what causes it, but the error message is of course completely useless (ACCESS_VIOLATION, QtScript4.dll). I've narrowed it down to specific assets that is causing it to crumble, but I've no idea WHY they cause it to crumble. There has to be a multitude of different assets causing this, because others, who have one of the assets I've found to be problematic, does not have an issue with using Fit Control with that same asset installed - which means it's not necessarily the particular asset, but some combination of assets that is causing DAZ to hard crash.

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtScript4.dll" at 0033:000000003000E1BC, QScriptEngine::signalHandlerException()+18380 byte(s)

That's the error message from the crash handler. I've of course tried pushing this to DAZ, without much useful information or suggestions.
For testing these issues, I've basically loaded up DAZ, added a G8F base figure, and applied a single piece of clothing - then applied Fit Control. When I don't have the offending assets installed, it works fine, no issues. When any of the offending assets are installed, DAZ hard crashes, with the above error (the error doesn't change).

I've also removed any settings on my machine that I could think of, set it back to default (no overclock), made sure cooling and everything else is up to scratch, checked for acccess violations (multiple programs using the QtScript4.dll-file), without finding anything

The weird part is that using a G8M, it works fine. G8F does not. So something, somewhere is causing an issue... and I have no idea what. As normal, my log-file is chock-full of notices and warnings. Not sure if any of them play a part.

So, anyone have an inkling of an idea what can be causing this? Whom I might ask to maybe update their assets (would it be FC or the other causing the issue?)

I'm also fairly certain this wasn't an issue on 4.11 - unfortunately, I don't have it installed at the moment, so I can't really check, although I guess I can find it again and see if it causes issues.