Fit G8F clothing to G2F?

mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515

I know there are all sorts of conversion products to allow fitting older Genesis clothing to G8, but are there any methods for doing the reverse? Specifically I want to fit a G8F clothing article on a G2F figure.

If that's not feasible, I'd love to find a relatively baggy, non-childish hoodie for G2F. So far I haven't found one.

Thanks

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on

Comments

• I do't think there's a Genesis 8 female clone for Geensis 2 Female, but there is one for Genesis 3 female as I recall and a Genesis 3 female clone for Genesis 2 female - that means if you bought both you could do it in two steps, AutoFit to Genesis 3 female then AutoFit that to Genesis 2 Female. Alternatively, for soemthign baggy especially, you coudl not fit at all but just line it up manually with the base pose and then use dForce to simulate it to the final pose.

• Thank you Richard! I'll give both a try and see what works best.

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
    edited November 2019

As the first part of this I'm trying to fit fugazi1968's Mega Hoodie for G8F to a base G3F. For that I'm using SY Genesis 8 Clones for Genesis 3. The standard DAZ auto-fit almost works for this product, except for the baggy underarm distortions. The SY product does WORSE: the baggy underarm things are still there, plus there's poke-through at the shoulders, sleeve cuffs no longer fit, and some arm-fit issues not shown in the image because they're on the back. There seems to be only a single template with the SY product, called "SY Dress Template Genesis 8" which immediately concerned me because a hoodie is not a dress but more like a shirt, but maybe she meant dress as in "clothing"... and there is no other SY template with the product, at least for females.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this the best I can expect?

Note: I'm not using the alternative method using dforce because my final G2F figure is a big girl and I can't adjust the clothing for zero poke-through, or even close.

G8F Hoodie to G3F.png
    1623 x 1508 - 987K
    Post edited by mikethe3dguy on