Zero G8 Pose (Head and Body)

Hi everyone :D

Other than loading and saving scenes, another big "dead/lost time" in my daily Daz Studio experience, is zeroing the pose of my figures.

Is there any full-body pose for G8 that would reset every bone (also for expressions) with just one click?
That way, I would create a shortcut for it and save a lot of time.

Thank you for your attention,
LenioTG

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,672

If I understand you rigth, there is

Edit > Figure > Zero > Zero pose

• Zero and save a pose preset, though I don't think that will save time - I believe the time taken is down to checking the ramifications for all the ERC links (compare zeroing/restoring with memorising or copying, which look only at the local values and which are very quick).

• eshaesha Posts: 3,227

I've set up shortcuts for Edit > Figure > Zero > Zero Pose and Zero Shape.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118
    esha said:

I've set up shortcuts for Edit > Figure > Zero > Zero Pose and Zero Shape.

That's what I do! It takes minutes to zero the poses of all figures :)

Zero and save a pose preset, though I don't think that will save time - I believe the time taken is down to checking the ramifications for all the ERC links (compare zeroing/restoring with memorising or copying, which look only at the local values and which are very quick).

Genius, I'll check this out, thanks! :)

Zero and save a pose preset, though I don't think that will save time - I believe the time taken is down to checking the ramifications for all the ERC links (compare zeroing/restoring with memorising or copying, which look only at the local values and which are very quick).

Thank again, I've tried it out and it works great! :D

The keyboard shortcut takes 23 seconds on a particular scene, while this system only takes 9 seconds.

I've opened a blank scene and loaded a G8F -> Save as Pose Preset -> Put the file in a mapped directory and find it via content library -> Custom action -> Shortcut on the toolbar :D

• LenioTG said:

Thank again, I've tried it out and it works great! :D

The keyboard shortcut takes 23 seconds on a particular scene, while this system only takes 9 seconds.

I've opened a blank scene and loaded a G8F -> Save as Pose Preset -> Put the file in a mapped directory and find it via content library -> Custom action -> Shortcut on the toolbar :D

I'm surprised it makes that much difference, thanks for letting us know.

• eshaesha Posts: 3,227

Yes, thank you for testing this for us heart

esha said:

Yes, thank you for testing this for us heart

I'm glad it helped other people as well! :D

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141

Just for the add, there is also a product on Deviant Art that allows zeroing a whole figure or partials.

Just for the add, there is also a product on Deviant Art that allows zeroing a whole figure or partials.

Thanks, do you have a link? :)

I think it is, since it's a free product: you can't, on the other hand, publish links towards other stores!

Thank you :D

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2019
    LenioTG said:

I think it is, since it's a free product: you can't, on the other hand, publish links towards other stores!

Thank you :D

You can't supply unsolicited links to Off Site Commercial Sites.
    You are not allowed to supply links at all to sites which sell "Adult" products, such as renderotica.

Post edited by Chohole on