How do I load M4 face morph in Daz Studio?

M4 and V4 figures are a mystery to me.

I got a face morph for M4 (called “Crow”) and it went into the following path:

Runtime/Libraries/Face/Faces of M4/Crow.fc2

I have no idea how to find, access, and apply this morph to an M4 character.

Comments

• It will be in the Content Library pane under Poser Formats>the content library you used>Face>Faces of M4

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 761
    edited November 2019

It will be in the Content Library pane under Poser Formats>the content library you used>Face>Faces of M4

Thanks for your help, Richard. But actually this is incorrect.

I found it in the Content Library pane at Poser Formats>My DAZ 3D Library>Expressions>Faces of M4. “Expressions”, not “Faces”.

Daz’s Content Library (CMS) has re-labled some of the directories of Poser format assets. I knew about this in the case of the “Characters” directory getting re-labled to “Figures” in CMS. And that’s the reason I guessed that CMS had also re-labled the “Faces” directory to “Expressions”. My guess was correct.

So I found the morph, but it does not work when I double click it’s icon. It re-aims the eyes a little, but nothing else. So I still need instruction on how to apply the morph.

Post edited by lukon100 on
  • Ah, it used to be called Faces and I forgot it had changed. Sorry.

The renaming has nothing to do with Daz - it's for consistency with Poser, which uses the same display names, so that the instructions match for the content on either platform (that's also why Faces was renamed).

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838

If you read the blurb on the ShareCG page you would see it says that Crow is a dial spun character, that means the FC2 only has the dial settings for (in this case) the M4++ morphs. M4 doesn't load with his morphs ready to use, instead he loads with a large amount of empty morph channels, you have to INJect them into him before that FC2 will do anything.

That is assuming you used the bat/command file to create the channels to start with, or are using Powerloader which should run it for you.

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 761
    Bejaymac said:

you have to INJect them into him before that FC2 will do anything.

That is assuming you used the bat/command file to create the channels to start with, or are using Powerloader which should run it for you.

I don't know what you mean by all this, exactly.

When I load the M4 base character model, I get a dialog box in which I can check various boxes to load various categories of mophs. Is this dialog box the PowerLoader? And are these categories what you call "channels"? If yes, then PowerLoader doesn't actually help me. I checked EVERY box to load EVERY morph channel I had, including M4++ morphs. But perhaps I'm still missing somethig. Perhaps there is an additional step, something you call "injecting" that remains to be done, before the Crow morph will work.