Display stopped responding error?

I've seen this error twice and it has caused DS to crash My drivers are 1 version back but came out well after this version of DS.

I wanted to ask here before I started guessing and causing a headache if there was an easy answer. I can't reproduce this, and I've only seen it twice so it's not frequent enough to see what the causes may be.

System specs in signature.

Comments

• If the display driver stops and is restarted it does often requiore a restart of Ds - I guess it's down to handles or the like no longer being valid. That said, there have been occasions when it is has picked up cleanly - and I haven't had the behaviour for a while - so i don't know what the current expected behaviour is. With something like this I would regard an application restart as prudent even if it isn't required.

• Its a common error for me in many softwares

DS will usually keep rendering going to CPU though if it happens

Octane/Carrara, iClone etc are cactus and need restarting the latter is my biggest culprit if the scene exceeds my video RAM

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

I had not sent the project to render but the Iray preview mode was on. I was moving a figure in the scene, the interface froze up and the error popped up and my only option was to check on line for a solution or close the app.