BVH import problem

I am using 4.12 pro version. I imported some BVH files, but the figure doesnt adapt the BVH. I tried different BVH files, but still facing this problem.

BVH_Import_Problem.PNG
1231 x 866 - 290K

Comments

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    What is the source of the BVH files??
  • Genesis characters animate beautifully, but there is a 0% probability that a BVH that you found somewhere, that wasn't made specifically for Genesis, is going to work with them.

The process of getting BVH files to work in DAZ is, to me, the number one missing feature in Daz Studio. There are only four options I know of:

1) Blender. I love Blender, but this is still a hassle to set up and I can't say that I recommend it. It's got a decent IK system, though.

1) Reallusion's 3DXchange Pipeline version. Moderately expensive, and I don't remember how good it is.

2) Autodesk Maya. Expensive, but does the job. Once both the BVH and your model are characterized, it's perfect. Legendary IK.

3) Autodesk Motionbuilder. Ridiculously expensive, but you simply cannot beat it for retargeting. Faster and more stable than Maya.

For Maya, you might investigate both indie pricing and the 3-year educational license.

For MoBu, you might investigate the 3-year educational license.

I actually paid I guy on UpWork.com to make a tutorial on how to characterize and retarget. I'll store it somewhere if you're brave enough to try to tackle MotionBuilder.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    Iclone 3D exchange pipeline Creates accurate BVH for All Daz Genesis figures in DS 4.12........... Random BVH files scavenged from free online resources will only waste your time