Connection issues with DAZ today

Is anyone else having connection issues with DAZ today? Random pages refuse to respond at all, coming up with a locally generated error. The forum works, then it doesn't etc. etc.

Comments

• Yes. I'm seeing a lot of cloudflare errors, especially with the forums

• Big time! And in the message claiming that the stop is at Daz3D's end.

"If you're the owner of this website: ... The most likely cause is that something on your server is hogging resources. ...."

Golly gee, wonder what that could be?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...yeah, never had issues with download failures when using the DIM, or even directly downloading from my product library until recently.   I never had DL failures on any other site except here.  Some may have excruciatingly been slow, but never crashed.

• sberlinssberlins Posts: 128

I have an item in my cart, but everytime I try and access the cart to purchase, I get the 'nothing in you cart' message.  Can't access the cart to delete the item and reselect it.  Can't access it through the specific product page either.

• sberlins said:

I have an item in my cart, but everytime I try and access the cart to purchase, I get the 'nothing in you cart' message.  Can't access the cart to delete the item and reselect it.  Can't access it through the specific product page either.

Yes, I was seeing that with a Police transport bundle. It simply "ceased to exist".

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited November 2019

Just a normal event in Dazland.

AnotherCloudflareError.jpg
    1630 x 1204 - 347K
    Post edited by frankrblow on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Big time! And in the message claiming that the stop is at Daz3D's end.

"If you're the owner of this website: ... The most likely cause is that something on your server is hogging resources. ...."

Yeah, and I have NEVER had that message before. Daz has been really slow the past couple of weeks. I always keep all my products downloaded and installed in case something happens. 

• sberlins said:

Yes, I was seeing that with a Police transport bundle. It simply "ceased to exist".

The usual advice is to add any other item to the cart. This should take you to the cart with items where you can delete that added item and continue purchasing your products.

(It might not work if it's a new glitch causing the empty cart message, but this has always worked for me.)

• Cloudflare issues here in Europe too.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Had CloudFlaw errors all day yesterday too. It's getting really annoying.

Laurie

• Lots and lots and lots of Error 522 and connection issues for the past month.  It has been awful.  What's up with all the problems?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited November 2019

When my clouds flare I picture Micheal with his big hammer in skimpy ancient Nordic gear thundering around the bifrost trying to fix things on the DAZ rainbow bridge so it can rain down on our drives.

BTW my visions of the ancient Thor are way skimpier than any Marvel knockoff, he has leather bound fur boots lots of straps and not a lot else devil

a fur mantle and a winged helmet maybe 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Daz, you're got some serious issues....

Laurie

• ... the "vanishing purchases" between product page or wishlist to an "empty" shopping cart CAN also be signs of a "pulled product" ...

• Novica said:

Big time! And in the message claiming that the stop is at Daz3D's end.

Yeah, and I have NEVER had that message before. Daz has been really slow the past couple of weeks. I always keep all my products downloaded and installed in case something happens. 

... and backed up to external harddrives too. It is SO nice that they now have most if not all of the products in zip folders rather than those installers.

• ... the "vanishing purchases" between product page or wishlist to an "empty" shopping cart CAN also be signs of a "pulled product" ...

One would hope that did not apply to a product they were currently offering as a promotion, which in my case, it was!

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

They forget to pay the cable bill?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

This past week the site has been buggy... I twice got the aforementioned cloud flair notice, but mostly it was just slow to the point where it seemed frozen so I just closed out the window and did something else.

• Its weird I get cloudflare superimposed on my page often

sometimes can select and copy my text so don't lose it, cannot do a draft or post sometimes cannot

• I'm also still getting cloudflare errors. Also DAZ may be having trouble communicating with PayPal. I tried to place an order using PayPal, was redirected to PayPal and logged in as normal. Then it just sat there with the processing screen and I finally had to close the window. I went back and logged into PayPal and there was no record of my order there and also there was no record of the order on the DAZ site. So, no harm done; but I'm not going to try it again until things settle down.

• Its weird I get cloudflare superimposed on my page often

sometimes can select and copy my text so don't lose it, cannot do a draft or post sometimes cannot

That happens when the Cloudflare error pops up during an attempt to save a draft.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022

Also getting a lot of random cloudflare errors here.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Couldn't access the site for at least two hours this morning... same cloud flare 522 error. On the plus side I found out there has been yet another change to the original Star Wars movie... 

Well... Macluncky everyone!

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited November 2019
    McGyver said:

Couldn't access the site for at least two hours this morning... same cloud flare 522 error. On the plus side I found out there has been yet another change to the original Star Wars movie... 

Well... Macluncky everyone!

Isn't Macluncky 3rd cousin, twice removed to McGuffin?

Same site error here. Even while typing this...

Post edited by SlimerJSpud on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Lots of cloudfare errors for me too ....  getting very annoying

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I'm either getting the Cloudflare error page or connection is taking up to a minute before the DAZ page appears. Especially bad with forum pages.

•  

And with all the Cloudflare errors I'm very hesitant to make any purchases. So, DAZ is losing out on some sales.

But the upside is I'm saving money.

• GalaxyGalaxy Posts: 562

Every pages are different for everyone when logged in. All pages are huge enough. Pages change everyday every time when new sales arrive etc.. Cloudflare is indicating hosting error. Is hosting such as Google Cloud hosting with lot of RAM and load balancing with Cloudflare is enough? Or the problem is/are something else?

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

Seeing this too, also had it show up once yesterday and again on Friday when I was shopping. Luckily it never screwed up any of my orders, that I know of. Haven't tried to download anything yet. 

As for that whole Macluncky business ..... ARRRGH!!! angry

Han shot. Period. 

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

I've been seeing a lot of this in recent days as well.  Browsing is difficult, pages often fail to load or freeze or give me a cloudflare error page, however once manual downloads started, they finish ok.  I was able to complete my entire last month's sale downloads without interruption to any one download itself (other than needing to click on the download button a few times for some products before getting a valid page to start.)