Convert Environment to Iray?

vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,638

I bought this product, Last Chance Gas Station, almost 9 mos. ago before I realized how to figure out if products are 3Delight or Iray.

This must be 3Delight because that's the only way to get it to render.

https://www.daz3d.com/last-chance-gas-station

Is there any way I can convert the scene to Iray and save it as a .duf file when I need to use it in my Iray scenes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last Chance Gas Station in Vendor, FirstBastion,  3D Models by Daz 3D

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758
    edited November 2019

If you want the non-iray skydome environment to look good, and act like an HDR, in a way...

You can just select the skydome texture and apply the "Emissive" shader to it, or the "!Iray Uber Base", and turn on emissive value.

It will make the sky itself become a textured light, if you place the texture in the emissive light color area. Just be suer to set the color temprature to something neutral like 7200-7800. Increasing the light, will make it act like an HDR, as the lighting will cast onto the scene, based on the colors from the image, as does an HDR environment.

The "!Iray Uber Base" can be used on every texture, but it does have a high rendering-tax, as it is kind-of a non-specific "catch-all" shader that just turns everything on and used a "close enough" conversion process to do the conversion. You will gain every possible shader value, for control, including areas which the textures/materials may not even use. Some things may not transfer-over in the conversion, as they have no "known" or "managed" conversions. (I see that a lot in skydomes.) But the materials from the original shaders should still be there, to select, from the list of known materials in the sceene.

NOTE: Your textures may also gain some "unwanted glossyness", as the default settings are on the high side of "glossy", after the material conversion.

Select the material-surface that you want to convert and then go into the "Presets" tab at the top of the page, in the "Surfaces" tab. Search for "Iray uber base", with the quotes, or "Emissive"... (Emissive will be a yellowish-orange glowing ball thing. That should ONLY apply the emissive shader value and the base values.)

Post edited by JD_Mortal on
  • vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,638

Thank you JD.

I will try your suggestions. :)

• There's going to be a free iray update for this set in the next week or so.

There's going to be a free iray update for this set in the next week or so.

Wow! That's great! Thanks.

• Alright I uploaded the update iray scene to Daz. Should show up as a download update at some point soon.

Wow! Thank you FirstBastion! 

I'll look for it.

Wow! Thank you FirstBastion! 

I'll look for it.