Predatron Hog and Barrel Exterior Missing File

I purchased Predatron's Hog and Barrel both the interior and the exterior and love the look of both of them.

However when I try to apply the night render setting on the exterior I get an error that I'm  missing a file:

runtime/textures/p3da/hdr/p3da_moonlightsimple024.hdr

I've searched for the file and can't find it anywhere.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions on a fix?

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,272

Loads okay for me. That is the proper location, so maybe check in DIM to see if all the files are still installed. Locate the product in the Installed tab, then right-click, Show Installed Files... Everything should be underlined blue hyperlinks. If it's plain italic text, that means it wasn't found, so try re-installing (right-click, Re-Install Package), and check again. (Not sure how to decisively check for Connect).

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

When I tried to load the HAB Night.duf render setting, DAZ prompted to install a missing file that is in Predatron's Haven Park product (which I bought but hadn't installed yet) which turned out to be p3da_moonlightsimple024.hdr located in Haven Park's runtime/textures/p3da/hdr folder.

Aha! That's why I didn't get any errors, got that one, too. I see now that it is not included in this product itself. Time for a help ticket, I guess.

•  

Lindsey said:

When I tried to load the HAB Night.duf render setting, DAZ prompted to install a missing file that is in Predatron's Haven Park product (which I bought but hadn't installed yet) which turned out to be p3da_moonlightsimple024.hdr located in Haven Park's runtime/textures/p3da/hdr folder.

Lindsey, that's exactly it!  I went back and purchased Haven Park and now it works perfectly.  Thanks!

•  

Lindsey said:

Lindsey, that's exactly it!  I went back and purchased Haven Park and now it works perfectly.  Thanks!

• Thanks for posting about this. Had been debating whether or not to purchase that file, but now I have and shall be well. [hate missing files]

Odd. That's the only Render setting in the Hog and Barrel Exterior that uses an HDRI, and it is a simple midnight sky with a full moon. All the others are Sun-Sky Only. You can achieve the same night time results with Sun-Sky by dialing the environment intensity way down (to ~0.01) and adjusting the sun's azimuth and elevation to get the angle you want. You'd need to add a sundial control from Render Settings-Iray, or try your luck at time/date/time zone (there are presets for that sort of thing $$).

• Instead of just purchasing Haven Park, someone who is affected should probably report the problem to DAZ. Either the file should be included in Hog and Barrel Pub Exterior or at the very least Haven Park should be listed as a required product

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,023
    edited November 2019

Probably, but if one does that and after a week or so the CS ticket is dealt with and say they choose the latter option, then we'd be out the .hdr at the sale price ... besides, it came with a park :-)

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Well since I didn't get the park at sale price, I'm out of luck anyhow, so I'll submit a ticket.  Likely the file was meant to be included or was referenced by mistake.

• Okay, we're rooting for ya! I hope they go for including it too.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,355
    edited November 2019

Probably, but if one does that and after a week or so the CS ticket is dealt with and say they choose the latter option, then we'd be out the .hdr at the sale price ... besides, it came with a park :-)

Even if they chose the later option you wouldn't really be out anything because it wasn't included in Hog and Barrel Exterior anyway. And if you only bought Haven Park at the sale price for the hdr you shouldn't return it until after you know what they are going to do.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Wouldn't dream of returning stuff at that price for that reason lol ...