a classical dryad with tree and appropriate gauzy outfit..

would go over well around here, i reckon.  i'd certainly pick her/them up. 

i'd post inspirational images, but paintings of dryads and hamadryads (the dryads whose lives are bound to the lives of their particular tree) tend to violate the daz TOS.  :)

Comments

• oh no another thing not to Google image search

• oh no another thing not to Google image search

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i been browsing the ancient greek and roman statuary

any articular artist or era in mind?

started out looking for hair styles, yoo know how it is, started out innocent, then went to minotaurs and medusa
    knowing how baudy those romans were, started looking for statues they wouldnt show us in family oriented museums

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

waterhouse's hamadryad springs to mind. 

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606
    edited November 2019

Dryads are frequently depicted mostly like women. And if they aren't what they look like depends entirely on the imagination of the artist, since there aren't any real dryad. They can look like fairies, like female ents, be covered in or made of leaves, they can be tiny or huge, frightening or gentle....anything goes...

And after checking the painting you mention, apart from being partially embedded in a tree, the dryad there just looks like a young teenager, so any teen model would do, as far as I can tell.

I'm not sure what you're asking for exactly. 

Post edited by odastein on
  • DripDrip Posts: 1,143

There are some products around to transition or blend the skin on a figure between two different textures. so that's a start for kitbashing one yourself: one part skin texture, other part treebark texture. Next, you'd want some kind of tree or treestump, and pose your figure on that. Ideally, you used the treebark texture for the tree you use here earlier.

Next comes a relatively easy part: find some twigs, and position them within the hair of your figure. It might be possible to replace the hair entirely with twigs and leaves, but that would be much harder.

Incidentally, a hamadryad is something I'm currently woodcarving, so I did look into making one in Daz Studio as a model. I never got really far, since I was missing some necessary products (like the skin-blending tool, I know I've seen at least 1 in the store here), and just started carving. The female figure is the easy part, the branches that make up her hair take a lot of time though, but I just chaotically go with the flow and see how they end up.. Which is fine, since specifically those branches I do not want to get perfect, but rather capricious or whimsical or even chaotic.