Interface customization question (or two)...

edited January 2014 in New Users

I'm sure I will feel foolish for asking but I was moving things around in the Studio Interface, panels and so forth, when I apparently undocked each new grouped pane I created and I can't figure out for the life of me to get them to re-dock.

If someone would be so kind as too fire this answer back to me I can get on with feeling foolish and muddling with things.

Thanks!

Oh and after reinstalling everything after a laptop repair when 4.6 starts up I get an error message saying that genesis.dsf does not exist. While, in fact it does exist right where the installer put it. It even shows up in the Content Directory. Am I, yet again, missing something obvious?

Thanks again, in advance!

Post edited by tindalos13_4a8e2699b9 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Is it complaining about the startup scene or the Data file? Genesis.dsf should not be showing up in your Content Library under DS4.6.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited January 2014

Hey tindalos13, I've never accidentally undocked a whole group of tabs, but I have undocked individual tabs.

What I usually do, when that happens, is first, go to the Window menu and check to see if Lock Docking/Undocking is checked. If it is, uncheck it. Then click on the top of the tab where the tab name is, i.e., Parameters, and while I have it clicked, I drag it where I want it. If it winds up in the wrong place, IOW in the wrong order with the other tabs in the group, you can click and drag the top of the tab and drag it to the right place.

I don't know how to redock a whole group at one time, but you could do them one at a time by following the instructions in the previous paragraph.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You might find this video on YouTube useful : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G5IVarxTrU

• edited December 1969

It is complaining about the start up scene, I believe.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

For the startup scene, DS4.0 used Genesis.dsf, DS4.5+ uses Genesis.duf, you can just change the startup scene to the .duf in the same location, or uncheck the box and not load a startup scene.