Shoes for V4 problem (SOLVED)

reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,128
edited February 2014 in New Users

This is basically an expansion of my earlier - and still unsolved - problem. Then it was Arrins Noemi High Heels I couldn't fit to V5. Which maybe is ok since they are made for V4. Then I bought V4.2. The problem was still there and the same. V4 stood ON the shoes, not IN them.

I have been trying to UNFIT and FIT again. They fit perfect until I refit them. Then the shoes just jumps to the original position where V4 stands ON them.

At first I thougt it was a problem with these particular shoes. Now I tried to use another pair of shoes for V4 (I think they came with the V4 bundle). The exactly same thing happen!

I am doing the same procedure as when I use V5 shoes with V5. I select the V4, I click on the shoes, they load in the scene but V4 stands ON them. If i bend the feet the shoes move along, thus never fitting.

I have tried to FIT TO NONE, then making the shoes fit, and then fit to V4 again. The next instant V4 is standing ON the shoes again.

I feel really stupid to not be able to get this basic thing to work.

Anyone who has an idea what I am doing wrong?

Post edited by reserv888 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,346
    edited December 1969

Have you checked that there isn't an INJ pose for V4 in the Pose library to shape her feet to fit the shoes? That's how a lot of high heels work. Closed shoes and boots often simply have you hide the feet and toes.

• reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

Thank you Richard.

That solved at least the issue with shoes in this thread.

The problem with Arrins Noemi shoes remain. There aren't any INJ among those files. There is a similar "pose thing" to do according to the instructions from the vendor.
    The problem is; they dont work and if I follow the same order as here, it still ends up with V4 standing ON the shoes.

You have patiently answered my questions in the other thread (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35652/) so if you have anything to suggest regarding Arrins Noemi shoes, I guess it's better to reply there instead of having two threads with the same topic.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

reserv888 said:
    Thank you Richard.

That solved at least the issue with shoes in this thread.

The problem with Arrins Noemi shoes remain. There aren't any INJ among those files. There is a similar "pose thing" to do according to the instructions from the vendor.
    The problem is; they dont work and if I follow the same order as here, it still ends up with V4 standing ON the shoes.

You have patiently answered my questions in the other thread (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35652/) so if you have anything to suggest regarding Arrins Noemi shoes, I guess it's better to reply there instead of having two threads with the same topic.

Just select Noemi's rFoot and lFoot on the Scene pane and dial -25 at the bend option. You can apply "!2! FeetAndLock_Pose For V4.pz2" to assure that the feet will stay when posing Victoria. Hope this help?

Captura_de_Tela_2014-01-29_às_13.01_.53_.png
    1790 x 1142 - 552K
    edited December 1969

@MBusch

Thanks for your reply.

I have two options as I see it.
    1. To load V4, have her selected and then load the shoes (fit to V4).. No matter if I try the "!1! Feet_Pose For V4" option (as in the instructions) or if I try the manual bend option, the same thing happens. The shoes bend with the foot. The toes never goes into the shoes.

2. To load V4, have her selcted, load the shoes and then "Fit to NONE". I can (with lots of fiddling) make them fit like in your pic. But then, when I try to "Fit to V4.2" the shoes jumps out of position and it looks exactly the same as the moment after I loaded the shoes in the first place; she is standing ON the shoes.

If you any more ideas I would be most grateful. I am obviously doing something fundamentally wrong. Can't figure out what though.

edited December 1969

reserv888 said:
    @MBusch

Thanks for your reply.

I have two options as I see it.
    1. To load V4, have her selected and then load the shoes (fit to V4).. No matter if I try the "!1! Feet_Pose For V4" option (as in the instructions) or if I try the manual bend option, the same thing happens. The shoes bend with the foot. The toes never goes into the shoes.

2. To load V4, have her selcted, load the shoes and then "Fit to NONE". I can (with lots of fiddling) make them fit like in your pic. But then, when I try to "Fit to V4.2" the shoes jumps out of position and it looks exactly the same as the moment after I loaded the shoes in the first place; she is standing ON the shoes.

If you any more ideas I would be most grateful. I am obviously doing something fundamentally wrong. Can't figure out what though.

You are not doing nothing wrong. The shoes does not fit correctly to V4. Follow this steps and you will get it fitted to V4.

1. Load V4
    2. Load Noemi High Heels
    3. Fit Noemi High Heels to V4 (if not fitted on load)
    4. Apply "!1! Feet_Pose For V4" on V4
    5. Select Noemi High Heels on Scene pane
    6. Expand the Noemi nodes on Scene pane
    7. Select Noemi's rFoot and lFoot nodes
    8. Dial bend to -25 in Parameters pane
    9. Voilá! :-)

Try this steps and let me know if you get the problem solved.

edited December 1969

@MBusch

You are a genious. That worked!
    There are two major differences between your instructions and the vendors so I don't get how you figured that one out. Anyway, the vendors instructions didn't work, but yours did. Many thanks.

It wasn't as easy to make them fit to V5, but with some more fiddling I might get it to work.

Thx again!

edited December 1969

reserv888 said:
    @MBusch

You are a genious. That worked!
    There are two major differences between your instructions and the vendors so I don't get how you figured that one out. Anyway, the vendors instructions didn't work, but yours did. Many thanks.

It wasn't as easy to make them fit to V5, but with some more fiddling I might get it to work.

Thx again!

;-)

I am glad to know that worked for you. Maybe you should post the solution in the other thread to let people know that you get the problem solved.

Cheers!

edited December 1969

Good idea. And now done.