Daz Studio 4.6 Pro and mouse sensitivity - mouse focus jumps..

hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024

Hi All.
Did a search, but got no results, so I figured Id ask..
Running Win 8.1 8GB RAM, ATI HD8670 Daz displays and renders fine, BUT what is driving me crazy is the way that when I have an object selected and go to make a parameter change (usually translations) using the parameters slider with the mouse, either the focus will shift to another object in the scene, or the parameter change will be wildly exaggerated.. This makes composition a real pain, to say the least.
Could this be related to the Win 8.1 mouse problems with games?

Any and all help appreciated
Thanks
Harold

Comments

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited December 1969

I tend to have the same problem, and I'm running win 7. I'm also having problems sometimes with the surface selector, that it 'refuses' to select.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Are either of you using laptops? Sometimes touchpads can respond to pressure on the palm rests.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Are either of you using laptops? Sometimes touchpads can respond to pressure on the palm rests.

I swear, they'll respond if you look at them cross-eyed.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024
    edited December 1969

Nope.. desktop.. and no.. no graphics tablet attached...

edited December 1969

Bump! - fixed the disappearing mouse - OpenGL issue - but the focus shifts are driving e crazy, still.. tried everything, including setting mouse acceleration mapping to a 1-1 setting..

Select an item in the scene, switch to parameters tab to move slider, and bada-boom something else is selected..

Thoughts??

• edited December 1969

Bumping the thread again for you. I just got started this past week using Daz3D Studio and discovered this mouse issue with the 3D rotation, then again later in the parameters. Awesome app that will rock my gaming dev world.....if can get this resolved. Not all sliders are

I'm running Win 7 32-bit with 8GB. The mouse moves FINE around the screen, it's when I drag parameters or try to drag the 3D box for camera rotation. I know it's NOT Windows as the mouse works in the OS, for all other apps, and in the dreaded 3DSMax. This issue is local to Daz3D only.

Anybody figure it out yet? This is basically killing my opportunity to switch to DAZ as I can't use what I can' control.

edited March 2014

Well. lets see if we can find a common link.. What video card are you running (I am wondering if this may be related to ATI cards), and what DPI is your mouse? I'm wondering if DAZ is really finicky about the hand off from the OPenGL Viewport and the app based panels.
    I have found that it behaves better with an 800 DPI mouse than anything over 1000 DPI, but that may or may not be a red herring.
    Its truly annoying, and is only made worse by the mouse pointer disappearing, which again amke me think its an OPenGL implementation bug in DAZ Studio..

At least its not just me... hopefully someone from DAZ will see this and have a look..

Post edited by hacsart on
  • edited March 2014

This is a weird problem indeed as not all of the sliders behave incorrectly, just specific tabs and definitely the 3D box. Tough to drag when it spins the coordinates off to some ridiculous angle.

What I have shouldn't impact the app, but....
    I installed DAZ3D into a virtual machine on VMware to keep the environment separate from production & clean until we decide it's a go. There is a certain amount of hardware pass through though, so the physical hardware is as follows:
    - Lenovo W520 laptop
    - Using the TouchPoint mouse (embedded in the keyboard) and the TouchPad is firmware disabled.
    - Video is nVidia with HD (1920*1080) & DirectX 11 support
    - Physical laptop is running Win 7 64-bit SP1

I can run all kinds of crazy things on both the laptop and in VMs including 3DSMax, so I was hoping this should be more efficient and streamlined. Anyway, I am going to do another experiment and may try to installing DAZ on my physical system to see if there is a difference. Perhaps the switch from 32 to 64 bit will make a difference. I've seen more bizarre things in my time. It may be a few days, but I'll repost with results if I get it done.

Post edited by mvesich_724a2c3f14 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Do you have the same issue using the touchpad or an external mouse?

edited December 1969

Yes.. wired mouse (Logitech M500) - will do it constantly. Will test with a few other mice. Do not have a tablet attached..

• edited December 1969

The TrackPoint & TouchPad do it constantly as well. Changing the sensitivity makes no difference as they work fine in all other apps & OS. This is a DAZ problem.

edited December 1969

Yep.. Suspect it is indeed a DAZ issue.. tried the NoDTToDITMouseBatch fix in WIn 8.1 and no difference at all.. Have tried 3 mice, 800, 1000, and 1600 DPI. as well..

• edited December 1969

Slight fine tuning to my problem description after some testing. The problem of radically fast drag speeds to parameters is consistently impacting only the properties under the groups Genesis 2 Male > General > Transforms as well as Genesis 2 Male > Actor. Oddly the parameters for the wardrobe items I added work fine. Also the Camera Cube adjusts freakishly fast as well when I try to drag it around.

Hey fixmypcmike, if you're looking to see what it does, let me know where I can send or upload a small m4v video and I'll record a little 5-10 minute clip of what works and what doesn't.

edited December 1969

Beginning to suspect its an Issue with the Studio Openl viewport... OpenGL will report different mouse co-ordinayes to what the OS does. perhaps its the translation In Daz between the two that causes some issues? This would be dependent to some degree on howones video drivers implement OpenGL as well..

Will keep digging

edited December 1969

well.. this is interesting.. installed the latest public beta, and so far, no sign of the problems at all.. will keep testing, but so far....

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Have any of you had this problem recently, or found a fix? It suddenly started happening to me out of the blue and I'm not sure what's going to fix it. I'm using the 64 bit version of DAZ Studio 4.6.3.52.

Thanks for any help!

edited December 1969

Still happens to me..a;; the time, what graphics hardware do you use - I have AMD/ATI, and like you am running the 64 bit current version of Daz Studio..

edited December 1969

Thanks for the quick reply Harold. Sorry to hear this is still happening for you though.

I'm using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2. This is the first time I've had a problem on this desktop (Windows 7). I can't think what is causing it unless it's a conflict with VirtualBox which I recently installed (but I'm not running DS inside VirtualBox).

I'll let you know if I find anything more out. I found an older thread where quite a few forum users had a similar problem, I don't know if they are now trouble-free... If so, I hope one of them might jump in and let us know what fixed it.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

When I was running Vista 32 bit with 2 GB RAM and a ATI card it got this but since upgrading my PC to 64 bit 8 GB RAM and Win 7 running a GT 620 card I haven't seen the issue return. Same Keyboard and Mouse for both PC's btw so it isn't a mouse problem.

Has anyone tried going in to DS > Edit > Preferences > Interface > Display Optimisation and changing it from None to one of the other settings?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Win7 Professional 64bit, 32 GB RAM, i7-2700K, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 - and yes, I still have this problem.
    I do have a Wacom Intuos 3 attached (sometimes I even try to use it in DS, but that is too often leading to the vanishing mouse pointer and the sliders in the parameters tab are totally wonky).

edited December 1969

Hmm... Like you, I'm running a 64 bit OS (Win 8.1), and have VirtualBox and a Wacom tablet installed.. I'll remove VirtualBox and see if that helps.. Will also see if uninstalling the Wacom and its drivers makes a difference..

edited December 1969

Out of interest have you tried what I suggested?

edited December 1969

Szark said:

Yep.. Tried that, to no avail....

edited December 1969

Thanks and sorry it was no help. I wonder way I don't get it anymore. The only other thing different is I had a completely fresh install on a new HDD.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the input, Szark and Kerya. I'm curious, do/did either of you have VirtualBox running too? It might not be relevant but has cropped up in a few people's posts and is the only change I made recently.

Kerya said:
    Win7 Professional 64bit, 32 GB RAM, i7-2700K, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

This is similar to what I'm working with. I also have a Wacom (Bamboo) but it hasn't been plugged in lately. I remember seeing your name on a thread way back, Kerya. Sorry to hear you've had this ongoing issue all this time without a fix. :(

I'll definitely give it a try and report back a little later. Thanks for the suggestion.

edited December 1969

It was worth a mention but I am not holding out hope that it will fix it giving hacsart's reply

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    It was worth a mention but I am not holding out hope that it will fix it giving hacsart's reply

Yep, we cross-posted. I'll give it a go all the same but it looks like we've still all got a mystery on our hands. Glad that at least you managed to sort this one, Szark. There's hope for the rest of us.

edited December 1969

Thanks but it was a fluke as I am still unsure what fixed it...too many variables.

edited December 1969

A very quick test of DAZ after uninstalling VirtualBox seems to show some improvement.. This does need a more extensive Daz session to see if its a fix, but on the surface it may have made a difference. No time until later this afternoon, but I will have a go and report back..

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

No VirtualBox here - never had it installed.