Can I replace DAZ 3D folder with backup?

pauljacob11pauljacob11 Posts: 203
edited December 1969 in New Users

This is the folder that sits on: C:\Users\jacob\Documents\DAZ 3D
I want to delete it and copy the backup in the same place. Is that OK, or I'm going to regret it?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Which files in particular are you wanting to restore from backup, and why? Your content folder (e.g. "My Library") should be fine EXCEPT that you may have files in the Data subfolder that have been added since you made the backup. Is there a problem with content installed in the wrong path, or items that you've moved around which are no longer working?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

And All your SAVED files will disappear as well. Like Scenes and Poses or converted clothing and textures. IF saved to that Folder.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • pauljacob11pauljacob11 Posts: 203
    edited December 1969

I did some damage to the the my library folder last night. My wacom pen sometimes goes berserk and sends wrong commands to the laptop. So the library folder got damaged. Fortunately I made a backup couple of days ago and haven't saved anything to studio since. So is it safe to delete "my library" folder and replace it with backup?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sounds like you are safe. I also keep a Full backup for just such reasons. We just wanted you to know what COULD happen.

• pauljacob11pauljacob11 Posts: 203
    edited December 1969

Thank you Admins for your replies, much appreciated.