Texture is different on new computer

I replaced my computer and reinstalled DS (4.12), and I'm having tons of trouble getting everything back to like it was on my last computer. My first question is why one of my characters has a different texture in the viewport:

My character is on the right, looking cartoon-ish compared to the default G8F. The screen capture also managed to grab some distortion (the line on the custom character's right lower leg). The GPU is an RTX 2020, updated to the most recent driver. I remember this coming up before but I can't remember the explanation or find it in the forums---thanks very much for any help in advance, cheers

Comments

• The Texture Shaded preview does not use most advanced surface proeprties, but ti does try to approximate them - it's likely that the difference is due to oen of those approximated proerpties differeing from one figure to the other (SSS is very prone to making the peview loook strange). Otherwise, you may want to review the setings in Edit>Preferences>Interface tab as that has a little block that affects how things show in the non-Iray preview modes.

• The Texture Shaded preview does not use most advanced surface proeprties, but ti does try to approximate them - it's likely that the difference is due to oen of those approximated proerpties differeing from one figure to the other (SSS is very prone to making the peview loook strange). Otherwise, you may want to review the setings in Edit>Preferences>Interface tab as that has a little block that affects how things show in the non-Iray preview modes.

Thanks (again) Richard. Under Edit>Preferences>Interface I changed Backface Lighting to "Off" and it corrected the issue.