Need Help on Pointed Feet

SoulUnitSoulUnit Posts: 112
edited January 2014 in New Users

Searched for this in the forums and google but cant find a fix. After spending several hours trying to fit every type of shoe to M4, decided to confine effort to using the "smart" content for M4. Same results with every boot and shoe. Foot is always in a tiptoe position in the shoe with the heel out of the shoe. The pics shoe the position of the foot prior to the shoe next the result of applying the shoe.

I read M4 zero position is with feet pointed which seems to be the case with my model. Is this true? If so I imagine this has something to do with why the shoes do not fit correctly?

Continued below-----

5.JPG
279 x 207 - 19K
4.JPG
301 x 215 - 20K
3.JPG
270 x 228 - 18K
2.JPG
354 x 320 - 27K
1.JPG
291 x 263 - 18K
Post edited by SoulUnit on

Comments

• SoulUnitSoulUnit Posts: 112
    edited January 2014

Thought I had it fixed by bending the toes but checked to see and still the same results with the heel out of the shoe. Yes the picture can look correct by fixing the toes but is this really the way this program is intended to work?

The pics in this post were not done with the pose controls but also tried the fix feet poses and no matter what the heel will never fit the shoe. What gives?

feet.JPG
    202 x 128 - 14K
    boots.JPG
    204 x 133 - 14K
    7.JPG
    266 x 220 - 18K
    6.JPG
    233 x 209 - 17K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited December 1969

That's the actual Michael 4 figure, not the Michael 4 shape for Genesis? And the shoes are for Michael 4? Which are they?

edited January 2014

That's the actual Michael 4 figure, not the Michael 4 shape for Genesis? And the shoes are for Michael 4? Which are they?

I am using the Michael 4.cr2 from 2008, before I name the shoes, after further experimenting, it seems the problem comes from trying to fit a shoe to M4. When I do that the once level boot automatically points the heel away from the foot. I had a large scene with several models and just broke this one M4 out to a separate scene to see whats happening. In any event that seems to be the problem.

So I cant fit a shoe to M4 without it bending. Any idea on why this is happening?

m42008.JPG
    747 x 1289 - 99K
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Quick question . . . what have you selected when apply the boot pose to M4? I know when I first started playing with posing feet with shoes I would select the shoes and apply the shoe pose. Unfortunately that doesn't work correctly. IOW, you should be sure to have M4 selected, not the boots, and then apply the boots pose.

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Quick question . . . what have you selected when apply the boot pose to M4? I know when I first started playing with posing feet with shoes I would select the shoes and apply the shoe pose. Unfortunately that doesn't work correctly. IOW, you should be sure to have M4 selected, not the boots, and then apply the boots pose.

Yes I started discovering there was a difference as well. Thanks I'll give it a try

edited December 1969

Miss B said:

Yes I started discovering there was a difference as well. I thought I tried every combination but I'll give it another try