G8M - Loading Issue - Preset to Massive Bulk

I'm hoping someone can guide me on this...

Over time, I've amassed a lot of Daz products for morphing the G8M body.   Unfortunately, something has made the presets go awry.   Everytime I load a G8M character, regardless of whether its the base or one like Mr. Woo 8 or a teen like Chad, the character loads with massive body-builder bulk (like a Mr. Universe).   When I try to dial down the bulk, the settings are as low as they can get.

I've reloaded the G8M Starter Essentials hoping that reloading the render presets would fix the problem.

Is there a preset dial for the G8M that adjusts the amount of muscle mass when loading any G8M character?  Am I missing something?

Comments

• Try reinstalling the Body Morphs, which I think is where the Bulk morph comes from. However, given the inability to dial it down I suspect the issue is another morph that is triggering the Bulk morph, rather than the Bilk morph itself, and if so then reinstalling won't help. Check the Currently Used group in the Parameters pane and see what else is listed - in particular look for characters you have recently installed.

• Thanks.  That was helpful.   I saw in the currently used group there was a setting for one of the G8M characters - "Alistair":

https://www.daz3d.com/alistair-hd-for-genesis-8-male

I've never used the character, nor have I opened the settings to indicate it is to be used as default.  However, the settings in the currently used group shows Alistair (and no other character) with both the body and head set at 100%.   When I scale both back to 0%, it corrects it to the normal G8M settings.  But I have no Idea how the Alistair setting is there (I even deleted Alistair out of my characters to try and correct this, but the settings remained in the Parameters).   I kept trying to delete the settings - I tried unchecking the limits, tried to remove it from the favorites, tried to move the settings to 0% and lock it - but every time I close Daz and reopen it, it defaults to 100% Alistar in for both the body and head setting.   It's almost like that character had a virus within its code that permanently affected my system.  Is there anything I can do to permanently get rid of Alistair? 

• Thanks.  That was helpful.   I saw in the currently used group there was a setting for one of the G8M characters - "Alistair":

https://www.daz3d.com/alistair-hd-for-genesis-8-male

I've never used the character, nor have I opened the settings to indicate it is to be used as default.  However, the settings in the currently used group shows Alistair (and no other character) with both the body and head set at 100%.   When I scale both back to 0%, it corrects it to the normal G8M settings.  But I have no Idea how the Alistair setting is there (I even deleted Alistair out of my characters to try and correct this, but the settings remained in the Parameters).   I kept trying to delete the settings - I tried unchecking the limits, tried to remove it from the favorites, tried to move the settings to 0% and lock it - but every time I close Daz and reopen it, it defaults to 100% Alistar in for both the body and head setting.   It's almost like that character had a virus within its code that permanently affected my system.  Is there anything I can do to permanently get rid of Alistair? 

Uninstall and then redownload and reinstall him, he's been fixed as of a few weeks ago.

• Thanks, yes, the character really screwed up my system.   To uninstall, does one simply delete the character from the My Daz Library, or, is there an uninstall process?

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650
    edited October 2019

Thanks, yes, the character really screwed up my system.   To uninstall, does one simply delete the character from the My Daz Library, or, is there an uninstall process?

If you installed him with DIM use that to unistall/redownload reinstall him. If you manually install things, then in your computer's file explorer navigate to your My Library--Data--DAZ 3D--Genesis 8--Male--Morphs--Pedro Furtado Arts and delete the "Alistair" folder. Then repeat for the People--Genesis 8 Male--Characters and delete the "Alistair" folder. And again for Runtime--Textures--Pedro Furtado Arts and delete the "Alistair" folder. Then redownload him manually from your Daz product library and reinstall him.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • Thank you!