Daz3d & System Shutdown

I added a primitive to an empt scene and was playing around with some of the surface settings and tried to do a spot render of the primitive and after around 15 seconds my system just shut off without any warning. Here's what I recall I did:

Added a sphere primitive to the scene: Diameter 9 cm, Segments 72, Sides 144. Parameters --> Scale set to 300% to make the primitive bigger, and y-Translated it to around +95 from its position of origin.

Applied the Iray Uber base shader to the sphere's surface and made the following changes in the surface settings:

Base Color 0.15 0.0003 0.0 (or 109  6  0)

Dual Lobe Specular Weight 1.00, " Reflectivity 1.00, " Lobe 1 Roughness 0.40, Lobe 2 Roughness 0.30

Refraction Index 1.385, Refraction Weight 0.25

Thin Walled OFF, Transmitted Measurement Distance 0.5, Transmitted Color was NOT set( 0 0 0), SSS Mode Mono, Scattering Measurement Distance 0.2 ?, SSS Amount 0.5 ?, SSS Direction -0.3

Environment: Draw Dome OFF, Environment Intensity 1.4, Dome Rotation 45.

DAZ Version used: 4.10.0.123 Pro-Edition 64-bit

I know I must have set something incorrectly with one of the above surface settings AFTER applying the Iray Uber base shader, but I'm not sure what. If I have a question mark after it, it means I'm not 100% certain if that's what I had the parameter set at. Everything else was left as-is. All I know is when I tried to spot render the primitive in the viewport in Perspective View, soon after my system just shut down, kind of like what you would get trying to render iray material in 3delight if I recall correctly. Any ideas? My system renders fine with the GTX 765M and I even tested it with Daz after restarting following the shutdown, so it must be something I did in those surface settings.

Comments

• Soother things render OK, it's just this sphere that's a problem? (By the way, using 3delight to render soemthing with Iray shaders doesn't usually cause a crash of the application. let alone the system.)

• The sphere isn't the problem, I'm trying to figure out which of those surface settings I screwed up to cause the system to shut off when I tried to do a spot render of the sphere. I can only guess that it has something to do with the combination I use with the settings used for Thin Walled and the Refraction Weight, but if so, why would it do that?

• A system shut down is more than DS alone could do. It could be a hardware issue ttriggered when the system is working hard, though that should then be triggerable in other ways too.