Brint Martin

BootwinkBootwink Posts: 43

I am getting crazy results of late!  example when I load a pair of shoes on a Gen 3 Female, when i click on the female, then see what there is for choices, I double select the characture to load the shoes onto. The shoes, I get a message unsuported, open that up and it, give me 2 choices. either load to a Gen 2 female, or a Gen 3 Male, note this is high heals to fit onto a Gen 3 Female. I've tried a few time to get them to fit but if they do anything to the outside of the shoe, or get into a pose that the shoe is straight up and down. to fit in those shoes she would then have to walk on her tip toes. Cinderalla should have such luck. anyway I had no problem in the past two weeks. I am going to move some other type of files to open up some more space on that Hard drive.I have been buying a lot of stuff lately, I don't know it that is confusing the Program. the other thing I'm going to do first is see it The High hills will fit on the Male Gen 3 choice the other choice the message gives me and see if that worlks.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• BootwinkBootwink Posts: 43
    edited October 2019

OK I click on my comment, and my name pops up so I start my comment. Any way I am havign problems with people matching up with, hair, cloths, which leads over to Materials matching up with with the proper Hair of cloths.  I had no problems at all for the last 3 weeks, when I started working with Daz Studio. I had this problem last night, when to bed and had hoped it would clear up today, but it didn't. I don't mess with my filing system how ever it loads I run with it.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Please give your threads meaningful titles, you always seem to use what I assume is your name.

Your issues sound like a problem with the metadata that tells DS what item the shoes were made to fit - how ddi you install? Does Samrt Content work on your system, or the Presets tabs in property panes or the Products and Categories lists in the Content Library pane?

• I didn't type my name in the coment box. my name poped up, I'm pretty sure I clicked on it again to try to type my question. I wan't able to get in to change the title at that time if that pops up again like that I will delet it before  I enter my question. I Load a characture, then load the material for that characture and then the cloths.  I let DAZ's install manager do all the loading into DAZ, I've never try to change my content that is loaded. I do want to get a characture that I get the way  I want because I want to use them in a movie. The clothes I want to use within a movie, so I can click on the figure, she or he loads and I don't have to go through that process each time. But i wan't get a little more familiar with how to go about that, I've just started using DAZ Studio of late, I have used Poser in the past, I had things set up so well in Poser, Daz has great stuff, and is going in the directons that I am wanting to go, but it is very complicated it seems for such a simple way to do  some things.

I shouldn't have the files loaded into  Daz Studio out of order, as I said, I don't mess with what the install manager does, may be there is something that comes up that changes, I don't know about that. That is why I have this question.and how to correct it. Last night I load a characture again when I try to load a pose on a characture, and all the cloths seperated from her and was up in the air, I was unable ro correct that, and had to start all over,i closed down DAZ Studio, and resated my computer again, and it worked  correctly . the next time I loaded the characture the clothes worked eben when I loaded a pose., Yesterday I tryed restarting my computer earler and that didn't correct the proplem. but before I went to bed it worked fine. I allway use the smart content, except when I can't find something I know I have.then I start searching for it after I refresh to look again.

• So, you do something like this:

1. You load a character, apply shape/materials, dress it, and save as a Scene Subset
    2. You load the Scene Subset
    3. With the character selected you apply a pose
    4. The clothes fly off

Are the clothes parented to the figure (they would be by default) and fitted (again, they should be by default in most cases)?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Bootwink said:

I didn't type my name in the coment box. my name poped up,

To change the Thread header click on the gear icon on your first post - the one next to the star - and then click on edit from the drop down list. Add a meaningful title for the thread and then click save comment at the bottom of the page.

1. You load a character, apply shape/materials, dress it, and save as a Scene Subset
    2. You load the Scene Subset
    3. With the character selected you apply a pose
      1. The clothes fly off                                                   
      2. They were Parented, sometimes, I load some an Item, I have had clothes parentee but I try to click on a dorp down the arrow, to look for somehtin like an arm, and if I don't hit that yellow screen that covers over all the items above, and I notice that whent that happens things move out of order, at that point it is hard to get tthat order corrected at that point, I find that very easy for me to do accedentally that must be what unparents items.                   

Are the clothes parented to the figure (they would be by default) and fitted (again, they should be by default in most cases)?

I guess I never scene the gear to click on. thanks

• One thing that puzzles me is Whan I load a dress onto a Gen.8 Female figure, it pops up as unsupported, and gives me 3 choices A Gen 8 male, or a gen 3 male, or a gen 3. I never get a gen8 Female I guess if it don't fit, that is it.. I've tired both gen3male, and gen3 female with bad results if it doesn't fit,

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

The choices in the "unsupported" menu are for what the item was originally made for, not for what you want to fit the clothing to.

Say for example, you wanted to put this item on your genesis 8 character

https://www.daz3d.com/dark-passion-for-genesis-2-males

You would choose the genesis 2 male option in the menu because that is what the item was made for.

That then tells DS how it should fit the item to G8