Saving Bone transforms in Facial Expressions

After I posed an expression on a Gen 8 figure in Daz 4.12 I modified the expression further by clicking on lip bones (I used the X,Y, Z translation sliders to micro adjust different bones). First I saved the expression as a Pose preset - but the bones translations were not included when applying the saved preset to another figure. I tried Shaping and also Properties Presets - but there seems no option to save the bone transforms. When I reset the face which had bones transforms added  using a saved zero Pose preset the bone transforms remained.  Is there a way to save bone transforms as a preset or via PowerPose (I accessed some bone nodes in the Face template of PowerPose)?

Comments

• I just tested using some of the lip bones on Genesis 8 female and the translations bth reset to zero and saved to/loaded from a Pose preset correctly. Are you sure you were translating and not adjusting the centre points with the Joint Editor?

• Thanks for the reply. I only moved the bones via the Face template in Powerpose and via their parameter tabs. On saving as a pose preset I unchecked Gen 8 Female then expanded and only ticked the head option in the Pose Controls. I can't see the lip bones listed. Are they in hidden? One thing I forgot to mention - I'm using a Mac.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,012
    edited October 2019

I let the program select what is to be checked and the save worked.

Posted some pics so all reading are on the same page ;-)

{the PowerPose Templates are available in our Product Library}

From Head go to Face.png
    1160 x 786 - 361K
    Lots of bones.png
    625 x 793 - 171K
    Lower and Upper Face Rig.png
    1554 x 792 - 351K
    Check All Modified..png
    835 x 721 - 122K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Unchecking the figure may have deselected the properties used. The lip bones I used are children of the Upper Face Rig bone - I didn't use any pose controls, since you aid you has adjusted the bones directly in your opening post.

• Thank you Richard and Catherine. Together you have helped me sort out the problem. I was unchecking the Hip which I now discover includes the head. To avoid saving other body translations I will need to have a hierarchy as shown below.

Expression Hierarchy.jpg
    912 x 1576 - 325K