Can't get rid of light

edited October 2019 in New Users

I have set 'visible in viewport' to 'off' however it is still blocking the scene, and appears as a giant pure black mass in renders. How do I get them to be invisible?

Post edited by intrinsicanomaly_262dc77de2 on

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,023
    edited October 2019

I have set 'visible in viewport' to 'off' however it is still blocking the scene, and appears as a giant pure black mass in renders. How do I get them to be invisible?

On the parameters tab check for visibility during renders.

? what type of light this is ... involving mesh? ... check also on the Surface tab for cutout or opacity and [almost] zero that.

... see posts below.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • I have set 'visible in viewport' to 'off' however it is still blocking the scene, and appears as a giant pure black mass in renders. How do I get them to be invisible?

? what type of light this is ... involving mesh? ... check also on the Surface tab for cutout or opacity and zero that.

Render Emitter is the proprty to make the light source itself invisible while still providing light (but it will show in relfections on viewed through an transparent surface). Visible in Viewport is a preview setting, not a render setting.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,317

? what type of light this is ... involving mesh? ... check also on the Surface tab for cutout or opacity and zero that.

If you zero it you will loose the light, set it to 0.0000001 and you should still get light but it should be invisible as well, you may need to increase its brightness though.

• Got the plane and the shadow ... okay, one can move that light mesh out of the image so it isn't casting a shadow [and adjust the light of course], or one can resize the mesh to be much smaller and hide it somewhere in the scene, again adjusting the light value. Couple of ideas that can work.