New Hardware, Worse Performance...

onimushaonimusha Posts: 189

So I had been running DAZ Studio on 32gb of ram, an i5, and a GTX 970.

Now I am running it on an i7-7700 and an RTX 2060.

I also did a complete system restore with a new 1tb SSD and reinstalled DAZ studio on that drive.  I'm running version 4.10.  The content library is on a separate drive.

It feels like it's running "clunkier" than before. When viewing scenes in texture shaded mode there is a stuttering of frame rate when rotating cameras and the such.  It seemed smoother before.

Technically Nvidia does not support 8.1 with drivers for the RTX 2060.  But I found a Reddit page which discussed the Win 7 version being identical and providing full functionality for Win 8.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a way to make Daz studio talk to me hardware better?  Am I imagining  things? 

Would upgrading to Windows 10 help?

Thanks for any feedback you guys might have, this community has always come to my rescue in the past.

Post edited by onimusha on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    edited October 2019

4.10 can’t use your 2060 card, the version of Iray in it is too old (it predates that generation of cards). You need at least 4.11 to use that card, and 4.12 if you want DS to take advantage of the RTX cores.

Post edited by Leana on
  • onimushaonimusha Posts: 189

Wow that really helps, thanks!

Is there a way to download 4.12 without the content manager?

Nvm... I wrestled with the DIM for 20 minutes until I made it install 4.12... again, thanks for the advice!

Yep, much smoother now.  Thanks yet again.