Added Downloaded File Shortcuts.

bggoetzbggoetz Posts: 21

Although I have been doing DAZ for almost a year, I have an issue, and don't know what I'm talking about enough to describe it well. Please bear with me.

I usually download what I need from DAZ, no issue, but sometimes there is something on Rendocity or related I just gotta have. Problem is that all that content (When it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm still learning what's what.) is added in on the Content Library (right 3rd, in Hollywood) section. Add to that sometimes the names have little in common with the actual Item... After a year I am cluttered and having a real tough time Finding what I need. I know its there, I've seen it, but finding it is getting hard.

Is there any way to... I don't know the words here: Shortcut (?) a particular item or move it over to the main files list on the right where I can see/get at it directly? I've found that if I make a character or whatever and save it as a scene (the only way I've found to save people) everything will be there when I open it again, but rooting for everything is giving me fits.

Thanks for any help offered and for your time in reading. :)

Post edited by bggoetz on

Comments

• By the main files list on the right do you mean Smart Content? If so, yes - you need to categorise the item (right-click>Categorise - you can do a whole folder, or even a hierarchy of folders, at once) and then set the compatibility (have the base item, such as the figure that wears the clothes or to which the character applies or the clothing or hair to which the materials presets apply, loaded nto the scene and selected then drag the file(s) from the Content Library into the Smart Content pane). A more struictured way to do it is to create a product, which you can also do via right-clcik on the Content Library folder.

• bggoetzbggoetz Posts: 21

Thank You. I will do this right away! Appreciate the help! :)