using an external drive

I've run out of space on my hard drive. I would like to move C:/users/My DAZ Library to an external drive. I just physically did the copy and I now have to questions :

1) How do I get the program to look to E:/users/My DAZ Library instead of to C:

2) How do I get the install manager to install futures to the new location.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• i typically do this manually so I am not sure how to do it with the install manager.

1. go to "edit", "prefences", "content", "content directory manager". If you have DAZ based content (not Poser), under "content sets" double click on the "daz studio formats". you should see a list of directories where it looks for content. you do the same for Poser content just click on "Poser Formats".

2. next to this you should see the "add" button to the left. click on it and a dialog box will pop up. select the folder where the content you want to add is located. Make sure to "apply" and "accept".

3. sometimes you can right click and refresh but it is best to reload the scene (make sure to save if you need to) and the new content will show up.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Go through the programs preferences and change the C: to E: for any My DAZ Library locations.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,033

Thank you. That helped a lot

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

DIM has separate tabs for downloads and installs. The install path ill have to match the path you set in the Content Directory Manager in Studio