This is how the mouse cursor disappears

My friend has been trying to post this information but had problems, so this is being done on her behalf.

This is her message as copied.

I am new user of DAZ Studio and every now and then my mouse curser would vanish while using the software.

After searching the forum I see that its just not me. This problem of the curser going missing has been around for quite some time but nobody can explain why it happens.

For a bug to be fixed, the devs need to know how to reproduce it.

I can offer an explaination, I can tell you how to reproduce this bug 100%.

This is how the curser disappears.

Using ANY default Daz studio layout = city limits, hollywood, avatar builder, etc
In the viewport on the right next to the big cube you have 5 viewport tools.
Starting from top to bottom.

• View: Orbit / Rotate / Bank
•View: Pan / Dolly
• View: Dolly Zoom / Focal Zoom

• View: Frame / Aim
• View: Reset

Hover mouse over any of the those 3 top tool icons, orbit, pan, or zoom, when curser icon changes to the double ended arrow icon or the crosshairs icon, hold down left or right mouse button to activate and use that tool.

Now with one mouse button already pressed down go and then press down the other mouse key as well.

That action you did right there is the bug. You are a magician! The curser has now vanished.

By holding both left and right mouse buttons down while using any of those tools connected with those top three icons will cause the mouse curser to disappear.

Actualy the curser is still there but its invisible.
Wave the mouse around and you can see it highlights other buttons and tabs etc.
If you can manage to get the mouse curser into the view port and over to the perspective view tab and click it, then the mouse appears once again.
That is the only action I discovered that brings the mouse curser back, other than restarting Daz Studio

This bug is also present and can be reproduced using the same 3 tools icons in Aux viewport as well.

Please note that when the same tools are selected as "docked view controls" in the viewport options then this bug does not happen

Bug is only when the "cube view controls" are selected in the view options menu which is the default setting anyway.

Hope this info has helped

============

I have done my job and passed this on for her.

Oh and she is right about the cursor, it has been bugging me for 5 years.

Comments

• You shold report this to Tech Support https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us , though it is of course possible this is a different disappearing cursor trick from the more sporadic one.

• marblemarble Posts: 3,719

You shold report this to Tech Support https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us , though it is of course possible this is a different disappearing cursor trick from the more sporadic one.

I think it might be the same. I've long suspected that it was a consequence of acidentally clicking both mouse buttons simulatneously but have never been able to re-create it purposely.

• This picture she gave me might help people understand the problem by seeing the buttons that are used.

Also let me explain a personal classic example for me where this problem often happens.

I always use the pan tool, which is represented by the crosshair icon.(its shown in the pic with the middle red arrow pointing to the pan tool icon)

Many times while moving around using that pan tool I will also accidently click the right mouse button.

Once that action has happened the next time i go to move ny mouse i see that i have no mouse cursor.

That used to drive me crazy.

She was new to daz and when it happened to her she had the patience to find out what caused this problem and then wanted to report it to the developers.

Thanks Richard,I will submitt a bug using that link.

mouse curser bug report940 copy.png
    983 x 891 - 295K
  • viluvuluviluvulu Posts: 68

It is 100% the known error. Or 1 of them.

I get this every time I'm using daz because of my sausage fingers. It's so frustrating that I'm seriously considering buying a old 1 button mouse lol.

• well heck, that's nifty to know, just tried it and can verify it does it in 4.12.

viluvulu said:

It is 100% the known error. Or 1 of them.

I get this every time I'm using daz because of my sausage fingers. It's so frustrating that I'm seriously considering buying a old 1 button mouse lol.

Try a cheap 'gaming mouse', like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/5500-DPI-Gaming-Mouse-7-Buttons-color-LED-USB-Optical-Wired-For-Pro-Gamer-Hot-P3/264117275581?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I don't have fat, but long fingers and large hands, and almost all traditional mice are just stupidly uncomfortable to me.

• onixonix Posts: 53

So finally a reliable way to reproduce this error. maybe it will be fixed fat last.

Also until Daz will fix it the solution is to click on the view menu using the invisible cursor and it will reappear.