You know you've got too much stuff when...

wizwiz Posts: 1,100

You see this:

Select Genesis 2 & Genesis 3 Pro Bundles

Get an EXTRA 50% OFF When you buy any 2

So you click on the pretty green "SHOP OVER 50 ITEMS" button, and only one lone item comes up.

Comments

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100
    edited October 2019

You have to pass on PC Anniversary Bundle One, Two, and Three, because there isn't $9.99 of stuff in any of them that you don't already own.

OK, someone else's turn!

Post edited by wiz on
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

That means you can buy TWO of that bundle for the price of one!

How could you refues that offer?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

...you click on the weekly freebie link on the store banner only to find all that is listed is texture content for stuff you don't have.

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765
    kyoto kid said:

...you click on the weekly freebie link on the store banner only to find all that is listed is texture content for stuff you don't have.

Isn't that the whole point of the freebie section? To make you buy the required product for the freebie textures. It's not working for me, though. I can't find an easy way of searching for the missing products for the textures I have.

That means you can buy TWO of that bundle for the price of one!

How could you refues that offer?

Didn't spit the tea. Came close, though. Lol!

kyoto kid said:

That happens to me most weeks. crying

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250

If you had too much stuff, you'd already have the texture sets and the base product...

• ... when it takes a day to find your new content in the menu.
    ... when it takes a day to find old content in the menu, and you only used it yesterday.
    ... when you find the item you got the latest freebie bundle for was purchased back in 2013
    ... when you move to a new computer and install manager tells you there are over 2500 outstanding files to download - and that's just for this site.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

You are an over-stressed moderator trying to troubleshoot other members problems and you can't find any of the items they mention on the promo pages 

• Too much stuff?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited October 2019

Too much stuff?

It's a hard concept to fathom, but I've come to understand that there is such a thing as getting CLOSE to having too much stuff...

For example -

When you open the hair category in the DAZ store and, out of the 2283 items currently being sold, you already own all but 939... and that doesn't count the discontinued product you own that doesn't show in the store anymore, or any of the hair items you bought from any other 3D store or freebies... well, then, in that case...

You MIGHT be getting close to having too much stuff. 

When you open the Clothing and Accessories category and you own just under HALF of everything currently in the store (4939 of 2283 items available, again, not counting all the now discontinued items that don't show in the sotre, items from other stores, etc., etc....)

You MIGHT be getting close to having too much stuff...

When you open either the People - Genesis 3 People OR the People - Genesis 8 People categories in the store and, in both cases, you own OVER half of the products currently available in the store (737 of 1602 items showing available, etc., yada yada...) and that's not even counting things like morphs sets with multiple characters...

You MIGHT be getting close to having too much stuff...

When you open either the Resources and Add Ons or the Places and Things caterories and you in both cases own over half of them, then... Oh wait as second... hold on.... there's an extra discount running on Out of Touch product right now!.

You know, now that I think of it, there's probably room for a little more stuff... never mind.

(And yes, sigh, all of the numbers above are true.)

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

you know you got too much stuff,
    when you spend more time deciding what to render than rendering it

do those shoes go with that dress?

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

I was going through the buy 1 get 2 free pro bundle thing just now. I already have 28 of the g3 pro bundles, and haven't rendered 99% of any of the stuff in them.  You think you can't live without a pro bundle the day it hits the store, so you 'add to cart'.  And once you have the pro bundle outfits, you have to buy the add-on textures so other figures in your scene don't say 'didn't they just where that same outfit in the last render'?

Like many others, I also have the problem of owning so much stuff that I just pass on all the PC bundles and the $1.99. Been there, got that. 

NorthOf45 said:

If you had too much stuff, you'd already have the texture sets and the base product...

...not necessarily as I tend to avoid skimp and don't do much in the way of fantasy or horror work.  Maybe once every month or two there is a texture set for something I do have that I haven't already purchased before.

edited October 2019
    sapat said:

I was going through the buy 1 get 2 free pro bundle thing just now. I already have 28 of the g3 pro bundles, and haven't rendered 99% of any of the stuff in them.  You think you can't live without a pro bundle the day it hits the store, so you 'add to cart'.  And once you have the pro bundle outfits, you have to buy the add-on textures so other figures in your scene don't say 'didn't they just where that same outfit in the last render'?

Like many others, I also have the problem of owning so much stuff that I just pass on all the PC bundles and the $1.99. Been there, got that. 

...yeah, as the years have gone on, I find I pick up fewer and fewer of 9.99$ Anniversary Bundles and Mega Packs as I already have what's in them.

I am also now seeing more and more G8/dForce  content as  well (I got off the bus at the G3 stop and dForce brings my old hardware to its knees so I don't use it). 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Wait ... you can have too much stuff!?!? You mean one should not be able to dress every character in every time period on this planet, other planets, and the entire multiverse? What about all those possible renders you might someday do? We should be ready in case a commission ever occurs. Ummm, could I borrow someone's credit card for a few minutes .. you see, there is this sale going on ... ... ...
  • hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    sapat said:

Better that than ALL of them, like me.  I can't use the promotion, because I own ALL the G3 Pro Bundles.  crying

Usually DAZ gives a promotion like this some kind of "just in case you already own all of these" benefit, but they didn't this time.....

• Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344

I own all the G3 and G2 bundles already... crying bring on the G8 bundles! devil

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

not to be greedy, would be happy with g8 base figures smiley

been waiting for mabel8 and mrschow8 and mr woo8 and David8 and drahon8 and shefreak8 to come into budget range

..and still waiting for Cat8

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    hphoenix said:
    sapat said:

Better that than ALL of them, like me.  I can't use the promotion, because I own ALL the G3 Pro Bundles.  crying

Usually DAZ gives a promotion like this some kind of "just in case you already own all of these" benefit, but they didn't this time.....

Kaleb242 said:

I own all the G3 and G2 bundles already... crying bring on the G8 bundles! devil

Y'all are more crazy than me! Wow. Ok you win.  They haven't give out one of those 'in case' banners forever. Maybe they figure at this point that those of us on their radar are hooked now and can't go cold turkey.

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

You know you've got too much stuff when you're looking at this great product that can do that thing you're specifically needing at the moment, you log in to purchase it and discover that you already own it.

• Kaleb242 said:

They just did. A little over $25 each if you get it right! And I wasn't going to buy any more today.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

Today one of the special offers said "shop 30 items" and it only showed me one item!

• FPFP Posts: 113
    G8 went from a load time of 10 seconds to 5 minutes
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited October 2019
    FP said:
    G8 went from a load time of 10 seconds to 5 minutes

ha!

It would be worth checking the logs for duplicate entries though, that can slow things down, and they are fixable.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453

Go listen to George Carlin's old routine about "Stuff"

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited October 2019

Go listen to George Carlin's old routine about "Stuff"

He was so good!heart  Love his stuff. (pun intended).  I live near Jamestown, NY (hometown of Lucille Ball) where the new National Comedy Center is located.  They have a big room dedicated to George Carlin's actual "stuff".  Joke archives, scripts, notes, his original list of forbidden words, videos, etc.  An impressive exhibit.  Funny, smart guy.yes

National Comedy Center: https://comedycenter.org/about/

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

..had several of his albums. One of my favourite bits by hims is the Hippy Dippy Weatherman on Wonderful WINO Radio in Western Walla Walla.

"...Tonight's low 35, tomorrow's high, whenever I get up yeahhhh."

I also saw him hustled offstage my the Milwaukee Police during a live performance just after he mentioned the "seven words you don't say on the air." 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

When you can't find anything, because you have too much content.