Unable to view DAZ Forums via MS Edge browser?

LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,166
edited October 2019 in The Commons

I've got a spiffy new computer running Win10-Pro and I've been using the standard 'Microsoft Edge" web browser.  It works OK for seemingly everything else except the DAZ Forums page  which comes up all gray with a few small text words in the upper right hand corner.  Confused! frown  

I went ahead and downloaded Google Chrome as an alternative and the DAZ Forum works OK there, (witness this post)indecision

Is this a known problem or am I special?

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Comments

• Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078
    edited October 2019

MS Edge is my preferred browser; but I can't see the DAZ Forums either..  I opened a support ticket January 12, 2019; but they told me that they couldn't reproduce the issue, now I had to use Chrome instead. Before January 2019 I used MS Edge to browse the forums without any problems, the issue started around that day.

This is what I see when I use Chrome.

Annotation 2019-10-14 191741.jpg
    855 x 863 - 32K
    Post edited by Virtual_World on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,211

You can still get to the forums with Edge in a slightly roundabout way. From the (blank) forums page, click the gear icons in the upper right corner and select Recent Discussions. That will bring you to a list of the latest threads in all forums.  You can stay there or follow a link on the right side next to a thread to go to a specific forum. From there you can go up a level or two level (to, say, General) and carry on. Bookmarks are also a good way to get back to any lower level.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

MS Edge browser is being updated to the chromium engine

download the Beta version of Edge solves the problem of viewing Daz's forum

I've been using it for a couple of months now no probs..

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-edge

to get the beta yes

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,166
    edited October 2019
    NorthOf45 said:

You can still get to the forums with Edge in a slightly roundabout way. From the (blank) forums page, click the gear icons in the upper right corner and select Recent Discussions. That will bring you to a list of the latest threads in all forums.  You can stay there or follow a link on the right side next to a thread to go to a specific forum. From there you can go up a level or two level (to, say, General) and carry on. Bookmarks are also a good way to get back to any lower level.

Academically interesting but not worth my effort.indecision  It's somebody else's problem.frown  I've got chrome installed now.  I'll use it when necessary.enlightened And if DAZ says they can't reproduce the problem, then who am I to question their diagnostic skill.indecision   I'm only using Edge because this is a brand new computer and it's the first time I've dived fully into Windows10, and because Microsoft says I should.surprise  You know, promises of rewards beyond imaginings.wink

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • ReneWReneW Posts: 123

I put a ticket in for it back in May and was told they were aware it is a known issue with the Edge browser.  I still can't get it to work so I just use Firefox for the forums.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

It's been a known issue since last year when I first submitted a ticket to Daz..

Daz has no idea why it doesn't work so I used Chrome browser till the first Edge test browser came out using the chromium engine.. worked fine ever since and now the beta is just as good and faster than chrome and firefox.

• Thanks to all for the info.

• Yeah, I just type in the search button commons, or whatever category I want, then click on the link at the bottom of the first thread to go to the page.

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 672
    edited October 2019

I never use Microsoft's sorry excuse for a browser, always firefox. New computer with nothing but internet explorer, or edge or whatever they are calling it now? Use it to download Firefox and then never again.

Post edited by Malandar on