Contest and challenge: Spinning "Sci-Fi Aiko"

Comments

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

I had some extra free time this week, and I was able to come up with one more. This is Genesis with the Aiko 3 shape, and I tossed in a V4 cat-woman/pirate in the background to add a story element. I'd like to add that I've seen a lot of really cool images here--it's been very inspiring!

aiko3andcat.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

Title: Aikosari Squad!
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.6, with postwork in GIMP. Used Genesis with Aiko 5, and DarioFish's asari head morphs, with a few others to make each figure a little different.

aikosarisquad2a.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited December 1969

"Sneaking Up On The Enemy" Secret Agent Aiko 5.6 thinks she's found the perfect way into the enemy citadel. How foolish of them to leave the swamp unguarded... Someone is going to be very surprised :)

Okay, this was basically just an excuse to try out some other items I've picked up recently and hadn't used yet: the AIko Legacy 5 shape for Genisis 2F (with a little Teen Josie dialed in for flavor), Hongyu's Bikini, Dragoceros, The Old Waterhole. Straight render with no retouch. Age of Armour's Fog Camera, Advanced Ambient lights, one (1) point light and a whole mess of shaders.

Sneaking_up_on_the_enemy_Med.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 963K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

It's a kind of magic

... all those blinking lights! ... Right???
    New Recruits ... I wonder where they found her?

Rendered in DS4.6

Aiko can do fantasy, Aiko can do Scifi - what happens when the two collide? LOL

Credits:
    MN-Blissany-A3 - Mariny
    BioSeige - umblefugly, Bobbie25, OutofTouch
    Aether Hair - plus3d, Mairy, 3Dream
    Faeryl - Thorne, Sarsa
    Angel of Light for Aiko 3.0 - Canary3d
    Luxury Fabric Shaders - JGreenlees
    AS-WhimsyCurls - AeonSoul (AerySoul, AlfaSeed)
    Wands of Wonder - Valandar
    Shuttlestar - Kibarreto
    Advanced Ambient Light - Age of Armour
    Spacey Backgrounds - Kerya

kindOfMagicx.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 395K
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

One last quick one. Genesis figure with A3 Legacy shape and a smattering of V5.

Aiko_Who.jpg
    515 x 627 - 237K
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited January 2014

Slightly over sixteen hours to go, as of when I posted this.

I see entries in posts 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18, 26, 27, 30, 32, 33, 35, 37, 38, 50, 52, 53, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 61, 64, 66, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 80, 81, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 96, 98, 99, 104, 112, 113, 114, 114, 117, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, and 125. If I missed any, please tell me before midnight (Daz Time) tonight, so I can include all the entries in the judging.

If you have any that you haven't posted, get them in before 11:59PM Daz Time today!

Post edited by robkelk on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...got both of mine so far (#18 & #99)

Might have one more (Lord Ganthor, beat me to the punch on one idea I had. Nice work though)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Might have one more (Lord Ganthor, beat me to the punch on one idea I had. Nice work though)

"There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope. We give them a turn and they make new and curious combinations. We keep on turning and making new combinations indefinitely; but they are the same old pieces of colored glass that have been in use through all the ages."
    - Mark Twain
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Genesis - Aiko 3 and Sylfie morph, Scorpio Rising, this was one of the earliest things I bought and it still looks good, goes a bit wonky with autofit but doesn't do too bad.

Aiko-3.jpg
    1060 x 1500 - 258K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Thanks...but we're not going to talk about the two or three abortive attempts I had.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:
    I had some extra free time this week, and I was able to come up with one more. This is Genesis with the Aiko 3 shape, and I tossed in a V4 cat-woman/pirate in the background to add a story element. I'd like to add that I've seen a lot of really cool images here--it's been very inspiring!

Love it! It's as if the cat-woman is saying, "Hey, what's with the hardware? He's only a dog-man. I can take him, really!" :lol:
  • GreycatGreycat Posts: 332
    edited December 1969

One last one, a pin-up just for the heck of it.

Aiko2.jpg
    728 x 1200 - 121K
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    It's a kind of magic

... all those blinking lights! ... Right???
    New Recruits ... I wonder where they found her?

Rendered in DS4.6

Aiko can do fantasy, Aiko can do Scifi - what happens when the two collide? LOL

Love the vet's expression.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

This is the same setup as an earlier entry, but with different lighting. Someone pointed out the lack of shadows on the ground in the first image, and it drove me nuts (a case of focusing on the materials so much that I didn't see the shadow issue), and I had to fix it. With better shadows I could also see problems with the pavers that needed to be fixed. I and made them a bit smaller. and inverted the bump.

Image info (again)

Title:
    Best Friends.
    The group is heading back to the Frontier after a few days of R&R, and took a moment to get a photo to remember their great time together.

Image info:
    Setup in DS and the Octane Plugin, Rendered in Octane, approx. 90% of the shaders were created/modified in Octane.
    No post work except for re-sizing the image for posting.
    The figure on the right is Genesis with 100% Aiko3 and a touch of G4 dressed in Aiko3’s Mech Girl (from here).
    The next figure is Genesis with 25% Aiko, and some V4, V5, G4, and a lot of other morps, Dressed in SiFi Candy (from here).
    The little guy is Gruggle Monk (from 3D Universe).
    The R2 unit is from Vanishing Point.
    The cases and SiFi pistols and Space Base are from here.
    The scene is lit with one hdr image.

Aiko_SiFi3_gama2.jpg
    1400 x 1167 - 460K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Not going to make it in time...had a great idea, but the render just isn't co-operating and won't be finished any where close to the deadline.

edited December 1969

Got the three most recent entries. If anyone posts any more in the next 97 minutes, I'll get them tomorrow morning.

Then it'll be time to judge...

edited December 1969

One more, one more!

Title: "Alone with the Zev Zev"

If you're familiar with this show, the idea of A3 portraying Zev of B3K is a pretty ludicrous spin on things. ;-) Admittedly, a bit of a rush job here. Been wanting to try this concept for a while.

Zev-A3-test003.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 979K
  • ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

Somewhere, deep in my soul, the war anthem of the Brunnen-G echoes still.

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

Anime Star Fighter 2.0 - Armored Up

zz1b.JPG
    767 x 620 - 274K
    edited February 2014

"Wait, so you've been crazy busy all month TOO? What's up with that?"

Holy cow, this really was a crazy busy last minute render. I had the idea at 10:30 my time (CST) and it was a race to get it done. Man, I'm glad I've invested in an uber fast machine. Dug out my ancient Mech Girl costumes and the MechUpgrade textures and even XinXin hair, tossed it all together with a bunch of shaders and then into Photoshop CS6 to fix a few places where the costumes were showing their seams. Could it have been done better? Sure, but for three hours from start to finish, I'm kinda tickled with it.

And yes, that really is Cthulu in the short order cook's outfit. It's NOT a very good restaurant.

Mr_Cs_Starlite_Diner.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by Cybersox on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...well couldn't get a last one in. wanted to keep with the theme of favourite films and television shows using the original Aiko3 but couldn't find a Minbari bone crest mesh to do a Babylon 5 pic.

...ahh well.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well couldn't get a last one in. wanted to keep with the theme of favourite films and television shows using the original Aiko3 but couldn't find a Minbari bone crest mesh to do a Babylon 5 pic.

...ahh well.

Maybe next time.

I now have 60 images to look through (there were two in post #114). Back in a few hours with the results.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,094
    edited December 1969

This is not an entry, obviously, because I'm too late, and it's not finished, but wanted to post it anyway.

The finished image would have had guys in the background dressed in Star Trek uniforms with a tricorder, saying "I'm detecting female lifesigns!"

Anyway, really busy this month, couldn't find time to make it all come together.

SCIFISPIN.jpg
    1100 x 864 - 879K
    edited December 1969

This wasn't easy. Well, the first part of the judging was relatively easy - I managed to get the list down to 19 entries based on how well the images were composed. Then I let my personal tastes into the judging, and got down to five images.

That's when it became difficult...

I don't have any prizes for the two who made the top five but didn't win - all I can give Lord Ganthor's "Uh_Oh" (Post #59) and Kyoto Kid's "sylfie_2000" (Post #99) are Honorable Mentions.

Now, congratulations to the winners, who should check their PMs for the GCs:

Third Place: Redfern's "A3-Contest-J-2" (Post #61)
    This one shows what you can do with Aiko if you're willing to push the boundaries. (Here, kitty, kitty...)

Second Place: scorpio64dragon's "Genesis-Aiko3" (Post #26)
    This scene is very reminiscent of a '60s or '70s SF novel cover, and I have fond memories of those.

First Place: Kerya's "kindOfMagicx" (Post #124)
    The mixing of memes and genres definitely put a different spin on Sci-fi Aiko!

Congratulations to all, and thank you to everyone who took part.

(Now, I understand the February Freebie Challenge is "Steampunk", which is somewhat related to sci-fi. There's always a challenge going on around here...)

124_-_Kerya_--_kindOfMagicx.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 395K
    026_-_scorpio64dragon_--_Genesis-Aiko3.jpg
    1060 x 1500 - 361K
    061_-_Redfern_--_A3-Contest-J-2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 155K
  • kurisu2112kurisu2112 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the Winners.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners - all very creative and inspiring!

Thanks robkelk for a fun challenge. I'd never done SiFi before, or made a finished image with A3, so it was not only fun, but I also learned a lot and was able to use stuff I hadn't used before in the process.

edited December 1969

dustrider said:
    ... I'd never done SiFi before, or made a finished image with A3, so it was not only fun, but I also learned a lot and was able to use stuff I hadn't used before in the process.

:)
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks for the HM. This was fun and gave me a chance to rethink A3 in light of all the new technological developments of the last couple of years. I think this proves pretty well that there's still a lot of life left in the "older" figures in our runtimes.

edited February 2014

Somewhere, deep in my soul, the war anthem of the Brunnen-G echoes still.

You gotta love a show who's marketing tag line is, "Sex, insects and more sex." :lol: Favorite quote: "In the Light Universe, I was darkness. Perhaps in the Dark Universe, I will be light."

Edit: And congrats to the winners. This contest was more fun than I've had in a while. :-P

Post edited by SlimerJSpud on
  • IaconagraphyIaconagraphy Posts: 226
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners, and thanks for inspiring me to do a run of sci-fi renders!