Puppeteer- Editing And Speed Questions SOLVED

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited January 2014 in Art Studio

Post edited.
How do you name the layers/create different ones?
How do you eliminate the timeline and redo it?
Is the speed at which you scrub the speed you are stuck with? When I changed the frames per second, I didn't see a speed up. Would that be a limitation of my computer, or does the FPS not do what I thought it did?

Found the answers on my own.

Post edited by Novica on

Comments

• edited December 1969

Please, what was the answer?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I was intending to share :) but I share a thread and a lot of folks pitch in over there, so when we explore different things we help out in that centralized location. Here ya go! I do need an answer on how to save a puppeteer animation once it's done- I need to get it in AVI format.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/34269/P855/#528043

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

In which software ?

edited December 1969

To speed up the frames, I found a post in a different thread about using Virtual Dub. Jaderail (over in my thread) really likes it but says it does not need to be AVI files. I'm so new to this that it isn't funny- I have my timeline the way I want it, don't have a clue what to do so far as saving it. Jaderail just posted that V.Dub doesn't have to be an AVI a few minutes ago. So I don't know anything about DUFs and animations- going to go read up on V.Dub. Arrrgh. :)

edited December 1969

Well, I did find in the render settings that you choose Render To and the choice of movie is there and it is AVI.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

If you Render to AVI any Error in your File or small hic up on your PC will error the AVI file making it useless. Most of us that Animate with DAZ Studio do Render to Frames just to avoid possible Render or File errors. We then use a Editor to assemble the frames to a File for saving.

The SAVE method in DAZ Studio only matters to you as the user in DAZ Studio. It does not matter one bit to a Video editor like VeeDub once you have your animation file or frames to use.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

What is a good size pixel-wise for the animations? I know the forums max is 2000 x 2000, would that cause a huge file size?

edited December 1969

Is that the same as render to "Image Series?" (When you say render to frames.) Assuming that would be the same.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Is that the same as render to "Image Series?" (When you say render to frames.) Assuming that would be the same.
    Yes that is the one.
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    What is a good size pixel-wise for the animations? I know the forums max is 2000 x 2000, would that cause a huge file size?
    LOL!! Yes it would. There is a reason YouTube only supports some standard sizes. You should Google them (standard video sizes) and then decide what will fit your project the best.
    edited December 1969

I just got an error message that said "Error saving the file." Then it says on the next line "The render could not be saved." Then try again or choose a new file name. It had png automatically selected, should I have done a different type file? Frame 1 was at 23% when it happened.

edited January 2014

Do not add a Number to the File name DS will auto do that for you. Other than that I have no clue as to what could have caused a render crash for you. As shown below this was a Test I ran on my new PC as I was getting set up, the File name I entered was Simple_test the rest the program did....

Capture-001.png
    444 x 251 - 21K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Yeah, it didn't let me get that far. It had rendered frames 1-5 and crashed on frame 6. It was a .30 shading rate, the settings were good but not outrageous so that shouldn't have taxed my system. :(