[SOLVED] Internet doesn't work while rendering in Iray

CherubitCherubit Posts: 982

Hi,

I've noticed recently my internet does't work when i'm rendering with Iray, in the viewport nor in the outer Iray actual render.

By that i mean that if I try to open any website in my browser or make any search, nothing returns, and the browser ends up saying it couldn't load the page.

I've updated my Daz Studio version recently, but at the same time updated my nvidia GPU driver.

How can I test if the problem is with daz iray rendering or with the GPU or its driver? I'm almost sure it's the GPU or driver because it renders fine with 3Delight (it seems it only uses CPU am i right?)

Post edited by Cherubit on

Comments

• Are you rendering on CPU?

• CherubitCherubit Posts: 982

Are you rendering on CPU?

No on GPU, whenever the GPU is working, internet doesn't work. I'm downloading the most recent update for the nvidia driver now, and it's funny because it's fast, then i start a render and the speed goes down to zero. Hope there is a fix in this update. My current driver is 436.30

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

I'm running Nvidia 430.86 with a GTX 980 TI and Studio 4.12 without any issues. Renders faster than previous Studio versions without any problem using the internet or other applications.

• Cherubit said:

Are you rendering on CPU?

No on GPU, whenever the GPU is working, internet doesn't work. I'm downloading the most recent update for the nvidia driver now, and it's funny because it's fast, then i start a render and the speed goes down to zero. Hope there is a fix in this update. My current driver is 436.30

If you couldn't use the net while the GPU was running you could never do so.

The problem isn't anything having to do with your GPU. You need to check how active your CPU is during renders and how much RAM is available. Those are where your problem most likely lies.

I finally figured it out. I logged in to my other wifi network and now the internet works while rendering. Seems to be related to the wifi frequency of the first one being the same or similar to the frequency of the GPU when it's rendering.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

GPU shouldn't be doing anything with a frequency! I am thinking maybe it's the power supply, the GPU is sucking up too much power that it don't have enough juice left over to power the wifi card.

• Cherubit said:

I finally figured it out. I logged in to my other wifi network and now the internet works while rendering. Seems to be related to the wifi frequency of the first one being the same or similar to the frequency of the GPU when it's rendering.

Simply not possible. There is something else with your system.

@TheKD and @kenshaw011267

I don't know :/ If I go back to the other Wifi network it will start the same problem again, so i figured it was that, but i could be wrong. I just don't know what to do to check - so far in the current wifi it's working.

• WiFi has 2 bands, 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz,there's also 60Ghz but it is very specialized and you'd know if you were using it. It's not like 2 networks would have different bands, unless one is so ancient it only has 2.5 but that would be 2009 roughly vintage equipment. 

Do you have 2 seperate wifi adapters in your system? If not then you connect to the 2 networks via the same hardware. It just isn't possible for the HW to work with one network and not the other due to the GPU.