Are there any good displacement maps for V4?

hzrhzr Posts: 207
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hey there,

I am looking for some displacement maps for V4, mainly to accentuate some of the most glaring details that are missing in closer up shots. Things like small wrinkles on feet, hands etc maybe veins and all these things that you usually dont notice as much but when they are missing you instantly get reminded that this is just a render image and nothing close to a photo.

Even small ones would be very appreciated I am happy with anything you got :)

thx in advance

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I haven't got this one http://www.daz3d.com/shop/agnes/ but I do have Callum by the same maker Phoenix1966 and found the displacement maps not too bad even though there are made for Poser. I used them in conjunction with the Aged for M4/V4 http://www.daz3d.com/shop/aged-for-v4-m4/ and merged the two maps in Photoshop for the image below.

After looking at and working with these displacement maps I then strated to add my own wrinkles etc to the maps.

WorkingManframednewS.jpg
    462 x 800 - 211K
  • Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

I would also like some V4 displacement maps, but not if they are going to turn her into an old man. ;)

edited December 1969

I would also like some V4 displacement maps, but not if they are going to turn her into an old man. ;)
    ROFLOL
    edited December 1969

I mean to say that nevertheless that is a mighty fine image you made.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Thats good!! LOL!! But the V4 Aged does have four levels that you can use from just on to all the WAY on. It also as a great OLD skin texture and older woman Morph. It is really a nice product.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Good point Jaderail as I did use the aged morphs too,

Velvet Goblin thanks and your first post gave me a good laugh which I needed. :)

• hzrhzr Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Hehe, Im not really looking to make them older though. Just to add some slight detail.... ah well, I guess I have to dust off Zbrush and see if I can paint my some displacement maps with the stuff I want to see :)

Would be nice to see some shots of the v4 aged with the youngest possible version. If that doesnt make her look like a granny and just brings in some blemishes it might still be okay and a base to use so I dont have to completely redo a map from scratch...

edited December 1969

Well, I'd be interested in a V4 displacement map that gave her at little definition for her bones such as vertebrae, ribs, collar bone, wrist, etc, as well as veins in her hands and feet, as she seems a bit "soft" for someone who is usually rendered model-thin. A good muscle/vein map for a bodybuilder or athletic type would also be very welcome. I almost never render M4 without some displacement these days, and give preference to those vendors who provide it for either sex.

edited December 1969

heinz0r said:
    Hehe, Im not really looking to make them older though. Just to add some slight detail.... ah well, I guess I have to dust off Zbrush and see if I can paint my some displacement maps with the stuff I want to see :)

I have used the same principle but with lower displacement strength for younger folks in my tests.

Like you I want more realism in my skin textures than the air brushed type of thing we often get. I want liver spots, I had to add them to the textures in Photoshop before rendering. I want birth marks, freakles that don't stretch LOL and character lines. all the things that makes a skin tex a little more realisticl. But I must admit it is fun adding these things myself as no one will have the same look as my images. ;)