Iray renders "blanks"

I have a machine that "renders" a blank scene whenever I try to render something in Iray.  I can have a massive Urban Future 5 (Iray textured and light) scene loaded, and it takes less than 5 seconds to "render."  This machine has rendered Iray in the past, and I have opened Iray scene files that have rendered fine in my other computers.  My video card is a GeForce GTX 1080.  In advanced render settings it is appearring and selected.  If I additionally select CPU, Iray will render, but I feel like it's very slow.  

I've tried reinstalling Daz and also updated to Daz 4.12 but neither has solved the problem.

Comments

• Which driver version are you on - right-click on the desktop>nVidie Control Panel

• mclaughmclaugh Posts: 221

According to DAZ support, it' a known issue with NVIDIA GTX drivers 10x0 drivers going back to at least 430.15. Haven't installed 4.12, but I'm seeing it in both DS 4.10 and 4.11 with 430.15 and later drivers. 

File a support ticket so they have more ammo for their pow-wow with NIVIDIA.

My workaround when I get a blank render is to check CPU in the Render > Advanced tab if it's off or uncheck it if it's on and run a partial render. After that, I can uncheck CPU and it'll render GPU-only, until it coughs up another hairball.

• dakinidakini Posts: 142

I think I am having the same problem since I upgraded to Daz Studio 4.12.0.86.

Scenes that I rendered with Iray prior to upgrading don't render at all now using the GPU.

They will render with Iray if I choose the CPU only.

When the viewport is set to Iray the model appears white and at the bottom left says "Preparing Scene." The yellow status bar on the bottom right just keeps writing and rewriting.

I have a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti with 16GB RAM. My Nvidia Control Panel says driver version 398.36.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    dakini said:

Scenes that I rendered with Iray prior to upgrading don't render at all now using the GPU.

When the viewport is set to Iray the model appears white and at the bottom left says "Preparing Scene." The yellow status bar on the bottom right just keeps writing and rewriting.

I have a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti with 16GB RAM. My Nvidia Control Panel says driver version 398.36.

4.12 REQUIRES NVIDIA Driver 430.86 (or newer) on Windows

It is documented in this thread.

• dakinidakini Posts: 142
    barbult said:
    dakini said:

4.12 REQUIRES NVIDIA Driver 430.86 (or newer) on Windows

It is documented in this thread.

Barbult, Thanks so much!  :-)