G8F eyes have black patches

I had this same character in an earlier scene, and the eyes worked fine. Now I have no idea what's causing them to have these black spots. I'm rendering in 4.12, iRay, lighting doesn't seem to make a difference. I tried many different sets of eyes as well. 

Can anyone tell me what's up with this? Thanks

eyes test.png
2560 x 1440 - 7M

Comments

• Okay I was playing around with it some more, and when the character is in a default pose, the eyes render fine. Then I move her back to this pose and they're bad again. 

• Is the figure away from the centre of the scene (especially on the Z axis)?

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,320

I would be interested in the answers to this, I have had similar problems. It looks like the scelera aka white area somehow becomes transparent depending on how you have the camera on it. Many times I am positioning my character and suddenly I can see hair and black area's within the eyeball.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2019

I would be interested in the answers to this, I have had similar problems. It looks like the scelera aka white area somehow becomes transparent depending on how you have the camera on it. Many times I am positioning my character and suddenly I can see hair and black area's within the eyeball.

I may be mistaken but sounds like you are talking about the (texture shaded) preview window and not renders? If so, it's simply a shortcoming of the OpenGL. Often when this happens it's because the moisture/cornea has an opacity map and the sclera also has one. Try checking the sclera next time you get this thing and you can most likely remove the opacitymap from the sclera in most cases.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Is the figure away from the centre of the scene (especially on the Z axis)?

Yes it is. But in the earlier render where the sclera were fine, it was even further away from the centre. (Mostly in the y-axis though.)