DAZ CRASHES WHEN I LOAD SCENE

I've tried everything my feeble brain can possibly try. Maybe someone else can take a look at the log? I don't know which parts of it would be helpful? It's too long to post in a single thread. 

This has been incredibly frustrating. I've lost several scenes for reasons I don't understand. I've received zero help from the tickets and if my problem is scene specific, past posts in the forums aren't helpful. 

I should be able to save a scene, close the program and reopen the scene with no problem. That's how every other application I use works. 

Comments

• Step one.

Open Daz Studio, go to the Help >.... log file and open that. Ctrl A [select all] and delete it. Close file [saving it].

Then browse to the scene you want to load and do so. When it crashes, you'll now have a shorter log file which yes, hopefully somebody can discern. Copy/paste that infor into a text file. That can be attached to your post then.

It may take a little while, not everybody keeps the same hours you know ;-)

• Step one.

Open Daz Studio, go to the Help >.... log file and open that. Ctrl A [select all] and delete it. Close file [saving it].

Then browse to the scene you want to load and do so. When it crashes, you'll now have a shorter log file which yes, hopefully somebody can discern. Copy/paste that infor into a text file. That can be attached to your post then.

It may take a little while, not everybody keeps the same hours you know ;-)

Thank you! I know. I'm getting a little dramatic. I just can't find a solution to this problem anywere. I appreciate you taking the time. 

Attached is the text file. 

pdf
    pdf
    LOG_JB.pdf
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,009
    edited October 2019

Like I know how to read all that ... well here goes nuttin'

[It appears that the CUDA driver needs updating]

"The version of your CUDA driver is 0.0, but 10.1 is the required minimum"

"Please update your display driver (current version )."

": /src/sdksource/cloud/dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): recv failed errno=54"

In searching for the errno=54 re Daz Studio found this post which may be useful.

long and short, I suspect that A. it's time to update your videocard drivers and B. scrap that scene and set up a new one with no shaders involved.

A basic scene ... then additional ones as subsets ... then all work is not lost if a shader can't find its target or its source materials or whatever.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

All that stuff about Nvidia doesn't count as you don't seem to have a Nvidia graphics card.

Looking at the end it looks as if you have Studio set to Login to DAZ on startup, try changing that and try again.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791

Can you open DAZ studio with an empty scene 

if so it's something in your scene crashing it

try merging it in maybe

if extra keen you can if uncompressed open it in notepad++ and see what is in it that could possibly be crashing it, if compressed use 7zip to extract it

•  

Like I know how to read all that ... well here goes nuttin'

[It appears that the CUDA driver needs updating]

"The version of your CUDA driver is 0.0, but 10.1 is the required minimum"

"Please update your display driver (current version )."

": /src/sdksource/cloud/dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): recv failed errno=54"

In searching for the errno=54 re Daz Studio found this post which may be useful.

long and short, I suspect that A. it's time to update your videocard drivers and B. scrap that scene and set up a new one with no shaders involved.

A basic scene ... then additional ones as subsets ... then all work is not lost if a shader can't find its target or its source materials or whatever.

Fishtales said:

All that stuff about Nvidia doesn't count as you don't seem to have a Nvidia graphics card.

Looking at the end it looks as if you have Studio set to Login to DAZ on startup, try changing that and try again.

Can you open DAZ studio with an empty scene 

if so it's something in your scene crashing it

try merging it in maybe

if extra keen you can if uncompressed open it in notepad++ and see what is in it that could possibly be crashing it, if compressed use 7zip to extract it

First of all, thank you everyone for your suggestions. The good news is that I feel less stupid because I had already tried all of these things and nothing worked. 

-Updated CUDA but realized it didn't matter because I don't have an Nvidia card. (I need to look more into the error=54)

-Have turned off Login at startup and made no difference. 

-To SadKitty's point, it's a handful of scenes that won't open. Some I've made in the last month and others that are over a year old. It seems random. It's to the extent that I export scene subsets of anything I've spent major time on just in case. I've also tried merging it into a new scene. No dice.

If I open it in notepad++, are there any clues I should be looking for beside WARNING and ERROR? 

I don't know if this would make I difference, but I also uninstalled every asset but the characters in the scene in case something was corrupt(?) I have no idea if that makes sense. But it doesn't matter because it didn't work.  

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate taking time to think about this problem. 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Do the scenes have LAMH hair in them? If they do then go to the Help menu/About Plugins and deselect the LAMH plugin. Close Studio, open it and load the offending scenes and delete the LAMH characters. Save the scene and re-select the LAMH plugin. Close and restart Studio and try reloading the scene.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791

well notepad you can only make wild guesses as to what is crashing it and remove those lines and save a copy

duf is in plain English so you can see the actual content of your scene along with transforms and filepaths

I have no way of knowing what is crashing yours 

• Fishtales said:

Do the scenes have LAMH hair in them? If they do then go to the Help menu/About Plugins and deselect the LAMH plugin. Close Studio, open it and load the offending scenes and delete the LAMH characters. Save the scene and re-select the LAMH plugin. Close and restart Studio and try reloading the scene.

Disable all third-party plug-ins

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/plugins/plugins_load_config/start

and see if DS will open. if not there's an issuer affecting the core application/plug-ins. if it does then one-by-one reenable the plug-ins, restart, and try to open the problem scene(s) until you get a crash, then let us know what you find.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I had certain scenes that were crashing on load (They would eventually load after multiple tries)

What had happ[ened was I had 1 item colliding with another item. At some point I removed the collision item so daz set the first item to collide with itself. When I was able to get the scene loaded, I removed collision on the first item and resaved and stopped having issues loading the scene.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Is this happening with ANY scene or only certain ones?  Old and or new scenes?

If its an older scene, made in Ds 4.11, does it have OptiTex clothing in it?

Do you have an older version of Daz Studio that you can reinstall to test and see if its having the same issues?