Is Michael 4 content compatible with Michael 7?

I saw a cool Skeleton model for Michael 4 and I have Michael 7 but not 4. Just wondering if it'll be more or less compatible with 7?

Kinda new to Daz studio so forgive the question if it's dumb.

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,917
    edited October 2019

Generally speaking not really. But it depends. If it is a clothing item, then you'll probably need something like this converter.

Give you can give us more details about the skeleton model so we can advise you better?

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295

If you are talking about the one I think you are, the skeleton's are stand alone models, they can take clothes and auto fit might help, though depends on the clothes. As Dr Jellybean says, technically not unless you have a converter, or spend time making adjustments.

• Thanks for the input guys. It's this Skeleton: https://www.daz3d.com/m4-skeleton

I did wonder if it's just standalone figure. Actually that would be a good follow up question, how do you apply or insert the skeleton in a scene when it has compatibility to a certain model? are you supposed to add Michael 4 and then apply the skeleton after? and if not, why/how is it associated with Michael 4? maybe just because, as you say, it's down to clothing? I just need it by itself really.

• If you read the last sentence in the details paragrapgh:

Whether used in conjunction with Michael 4, or used on its own, the skeleton has a variety of uses.

So you could use it by itself.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295

Agreed with Dr Jellybean, it's stand alone, you don't need M4 at all and yes you can use both M4 and the Skeleton in the same scene, it's just another model.

• If you read the last sentence in the details paragrapgh:

Whether used in conjunction with Michael 4, or used on its own, the skeleton has a variety of uses.

So you could use it by itself.

Ah sorry, I didn't see that. Thanks a bunch guys. :)