Daz 4.12 Installer stuck installing CMS

I have a feeling it have something to do with PostgreSQL and I'm wondering if it's safe to uninstall that in order to get the installer to work. I notice PostgreSQL is always active in task manager and I can't even uninstall or delete the DAZ folder from Program Files because I get a message saying Daz is in use though it's not even fully installed or launched. I did read through some forums and most say to deactivate anti-virus program but I do not have one running ATM. I'm on Windows 10. Or is there a known fix to this issue?

Comments

• PostgreSQL always being active sounds as if the application that launched it is not exiting cleanly, and so not sending the shut down signal. I assume you have tried shuting the system down and restarting?

• PostgreSQL always being active sounds as if the application that launched it is not exiting cleanly, and so not sending the shut down signal. I assume you have tried shuting the system down and restarting?

Yes, shutting down was the first thing I tried.

• Did you have an earlier version of DAZ Studio installed?

• Did you have an earlier version of DAZ Studio installed?

Yes I did. I was updating. Regret not uninstalling first

• GeneralDeeGeneralDee Posts: 131
    edited October 2019

Ok, I figured it out. I read somewhere to type "services.msc" from the start menu and find the PostgreSQL process using the options where you can also set it to manual instead of automatic. After doing that I tried installing again and it lagged just a little when it got to content manager installation and finished installing. All looks ok now. Thanks.

Post edited by GeneralDee on