Why these many Postgres connections?

I just opened DAZ3D, and I don't use Postgres for any other purpose, I see many Postgres processes from the beginning till I close my DAZ. It is neither updating or installing any thing. I have searched the web, and people are facing this situation at many places. Can some one explain me or give me a fix for this. ? Screenshot attached

postgres.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 391K

Comments

• wonderful.... Thank you Gordon.... never knew this. Its not the case with other DBs I suppose.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,291

Um that article says, it's using very little real resources, that you're using 2 GB of memory (total) for your postgres database ...I have only 6 Gigs memory, and Daz uses 4 Gigs of that, add on that 2 GB the PostgreSQL uses and all my memory is getting used of just from opening Daz and trying to run it. I was hoping to be able to finally start using dForce now that I got the extra 2 Gigs added, apparently I am wrong.

• Where are you getting 2GB?  If you're looking in the picture in the article, that pgadmin3 process isn't part of PostgreSQL; it's a separate program.

The 2GB is from the article that was linked and whenever I open Daz I get multiple PostgreSQL in task manager like the original poster does. I don't know why that link was given when it's about Mingle and the question is about Daz.

• PostgreSQL works the same regardless of the client. The only time the individual processes consume resources is when they are servicing an active query.  The impact is infintesimal in the DAZ context.

Good then my son can stop complaining that I'm slowing down his internet lol

Thanks for explaining.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Um that article says, it's using very little real resources, that you're using 2 GB of memory (total) for your postgres database ...I have only 6 Gigs memory, and Daz uses 4 Gigs of that, add on that 2 GB the PostgreSQL uses and all my memory is getting used of just from opening Daz and trying to run it. I was hoping to be able to finally start using dForce now that I got the extra 2 Gigs added, apparently I am wrong.

That was just a number thrown as an example of how the postgres processes are using the same memory, not each one having its own memory.  When I have DIM and DS running the memory being used by PostgreSQL is about 7 MB