Wearables

I've auto fitted some M4 (as well as some V4) clothing to Gen 8 Male.

When saving an outfit set as wearables - do i need to save each individual item?

Comments

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

I've auto fitted some M4 (as well as some V4) clothing to Gen 8 Male.

When saving an outfit set as wearables - do i need to save each individual item?

As I understand the process, you should. Whether you NEED to or not is another question. My understanding is that if you save each item first, it saves the data for the items seperately, then the Wearable can just call those items. If you save it as a Wearable without that first step, then it saves all the data for all the clothes together. This would make updating say just the shirt impossible since it doesn't exist separate from the wearable set.

• A wearables preset can include all items parented to the base figure, so no you don't need to save separately

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846

Because you are converting Poser content to the DSON format it's best to use "File > Save As > Support Assets > Figure/Prop Asset", this will save the mesh data into the "data/<authorID>/<Item Name>" folder. Saving them with Scene, Subset or Wearable will cause the mesh data to be saved in to the "data/auto_adapted/<Mesh_name Polycount" folder instead.

After you have saved out each item with "Figure/Prop", you can then delete the items from the scene, and load the converted items in with their DUF files, you can then save them with Wearable to create a preset that will load all of the items at the same time.

• Thank you.