3Delight standalone always crashing

XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
edited January 2014 in The Commons

Hello!

I have downloaded and installed the 3Delight standalone 64 bit.

In DAZ Studio I set "Render to RIB" in the render settings, which creates a .rib file.

But everytime I try to render this .rib file with the 3Delight standalone (by right-clicking the file and select "Render with 3Delight"), it crashes after a few seconds! Every time!
It is always the "i-display.exe" that causes the crash. What is wrong here and how can I fix that?

My PC specs: Intel Core I-7, 16 GB RAM, ATI 7750 Graphics card, Win 7 64 bit. All drivers are up to date.

Edit: screenshot added

1.jpg
1151 x 818 - 455K
Post edited by XoechZ on

Comments

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

Have you tried to run the stand-alone in a DOS box?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

tjeb said:

Are you trying to render the rib inside the *_collected folder or the one outside of it?

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

The right-click command opens the CMD box anyways. But I have tried it, but that did not change anything.

Another thing I have noticed is, that the CMD box is full of erreor messages in the screenshot. That´s because I forgot do tick the collect option in the render settings. I did that now and the errors are gone, but the crashes are still the same.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    tjeb said:

Are you trying to render the rib inside the *_collected folder or the one outside of it?

The one inside the folder.

edited January 2014

I didn't even know there was a rib file (same size/name/time) than in the bin folder.
    Anyway I use the rib file in the bin and not in the _collected folder.

Post edited by Tjeb on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

XoechZ said:
    mjc1016 said:
    tjeb said:

The one inside the folder.

Try opening a CMD prompt and typing in renderdl -v

That should put the version of 3delight as an output.

Then, renderdl -test (should render a little space invader alien)

If that works, then try...

renderdl -nd

That renders without opening a display window. You'll have to watch for the render to finish...usually, when the cursor returns to the prompt, in the CMD box.

edited December 1969

I have no bin folder. I render it to the My Documents folder and it looks like this: (see screenshot)

Inside the folder there is the same .rib file again. When I use the one outside the folder, I get error messages about items that cannot be found. With the one inside the folder there are no erreor messages. But with both files, the i-display crashes are the same.

2.jpg
    708 x 167 - 60K
    edited December 1969

When in DAZ I render to rib, I choose the bin folder in 3Delight, so renderdl.exe and the just exported rib are in the same folder.

3Delight_binfolder.jpg
    540 x 115 - 30K
  • Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

Try to put the RIB elsewhere (like c:\RIBS\) to be sure that it is not windows protection that is causing the error

Also try deactivate your antivirus in case of it could be culprit

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited January 2014

The crash is in the i-display program and not in the renderer. i-display uses TCP for communications with the renderer. If you are running a firewall, it is likely blocking the communications.

Try running renderdl w/o using the i-display (renderdl -nd) or even (renderdl -d) to just use a frambuffer.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on