I cannot morph hair at all (SOLVED)

Thomas WindarThomas Windar Posts: 272
edited January 2014 in New Users

I kept trying for the whole day... but I have to ask this.

I recently bought a stack of morphs and some hair for DAZ 3D 4.6. Everything works, except the hair - Spiderqueen Hair and Persephone Hair.

According to the product info, these should be compatible with Genesis 2 Female and should contain morphs so you can adjust the hair. However when I put it on the model, both hair styles become completely static. There are only 4 sliders in shaping, which are Full Body Morphs for Gia, Victoria6, GiaHead and Victoria6Head.

There are no other sliders, If you check the product info, it should have more morphs http://www.daz3d.com/long/spiderqueen-hair

I exhausted possibilities on my side. I checked if the content is there, if the directory is correct (I used the Install Manager - every directory is default by the program). I was trying to look in Shaping, Pose & Animate, but the hair cannot be altered.

Same issue with Persephone Hair. Also sliders for Full Body Morphs and nothing else.
Am I missing something? Is this just in-compatible and I need to get a specific figure for the sliders to appear?

Post edited by Thomas Windar on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2014

I don't have those particular hairs, but quite often the adjustment dials for movement etc are in the ''neck'' of the hair.

Some hairs, especially if they are figure hairs rather than prop hairs will actually have an injection for the morphs, in the same way as you have an injection morph to change a figure character.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Go to the Parameters pane, with the hair selected, and click on All at the top of the left-hand column - do you see the morphs then?

• Thomas WindarThomas Windar Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

I checked for the morphs inside the figure and the spider hair (and its components), however the only ones are FBM for Victoria6 and Gia. The hair completely lacks any other slider. The ALL tab also doesn't have them. The figure doesn't have them in any part *checked neck, head and everything else).

Even checking on ALL, it still shows only the FBMs in shaping, and in Pose & Animate it shows only the Pose Controls for the Genesis 2 Female. Looked through it everywhere.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Sorry but please try again, as Richard said,

1open parameter tab (not poze pane, or shape pane) , then select the hair.
    and check if there is other group (eg Fix or Movements or Style etc)

if you have not find parameter pane, you need to open tab,
    topmenu window>tab(pane)>parameter.

because, where you can find each parameter controlrer (morphs or poze controller) depend on how they are typed,
    and grouped. if each morph not in grouped under Region hielalchy, even though they are set type as shape
    those parameter can only be found in Parameter tab.

Parameter Pane is most safety tab, when you serch morphs which you can not find shaping or poze pane.
    about hairs, often find morphs in parameter tab only.

2 http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/16698/file_list

check Actuall directory of the morphs. you can check installed fils location by DIM too.

Activate DIM, then go to Inslatted tab(page) , then right-click the hair product,
    then selected Show installed files
    and you can click each file to show in your PC folda exproler.

morph files for triax figure, should be installed under the "your library/ data/ sub directories". as .dsf

if there were no installed morph files, myabe You need to send bug report
    or try to manuall download the package. sometimes DIM package miss conetnts.

parameter_tab.JPG
    585 x 590 - 60K
  • Thomas WindarThomas Windar Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

Sorry but please try again, as Richard said,

1open parameter tab (not poze pane, or shape pane) , then select the hair.
    and check if there is other group (eg Fix or Movements or Style etc)

if you have not find parameter pane, you need to open tab,
    topmenu window>tab(pane)>parameter.

because, where you can find each parameter controlrer (morphs or poze controller) depend on how they are typed,
    and grouped. if each morph not in grouped under Region hielalchy, even though they are set type as shape
    those parameter can only be found in Parameter tab.

Parameter Pane is most safety tab, when you serch morphs which you can not find shaping or poze pane.
    about hairs, often find morphs in parameter tab only.

2 http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/16698/file_list

check Actuall directory of the morphs. you can check installed fils location by DIM too.

Activate DIM, then go to Inslatted tab(page) , then right-click the hair product,
    then selected Show installed files
    and you can click each file to show in your PC folda exproler.

morph files for triax figure, should be installed under the "your library/ data/ sub directories". as .dsf

if there were no installed morph files, myabe You need to send bug report
    or try to manuall download the package. sometimes DIM package miss conetnts.

Words can't express my gratitude, THANK YOU!!!

I knew I was doing something wrong. I really appreciate your help. I opened the parameter tabs and the adjustments were there as you said. It was a dumb mistake on my part, I didn't have the parameter tab open at all. x.X A nub mistake... Thank you for taking your time to explain it to me.

Thanks so much to everyone who took their time here, the hair works splendid now!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

You might want to edit your first post and put *Solved* in the title so folks won't pop in to help you. :) Glad you figured it out.