earring hole morph

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I'd love an earring hole morph. I bought a chunky set of earrings for M4, which do not have thin wires and they look sort of odd in the lobes, because there is no visible hole for larger earrings.

Obviously for small earrings or studs with a protruding lip this wouldn't be an issue.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited December 1969

Morphs can't create holes where there weren't any - on Genesis or later you can use a GeoGraft, as with the His Ear Stuff from the PA Christmas freebies, but for M4 you'd need to use a transparency map.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Morphs can't create holes where there weren't any - on Genesis or later you can use a GeoGraft, as with the His Ear Stuff from the PA Christmas freebies, but for M4 you'd need to use a transparency map.

But, if there are enough polygons in the lobe area (I haven't looked that closely), you could get a convincing 'dimple' morph...

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

But, if there are enough polygons in the lobe area (I haven't looked that closely), you could get a convincing 'dimple' morph...

I have, and there aren't. When I did a gauge product for M4 back when, I did a morph to dimple the edges of that larger hole and a transmap. I think you'd have to use displacement.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

Okay. Guess postwork is the answer. Just bought a male earring product and dimple would be helpful as they look fused in the ear flesh rather than like a normal hoop would. Wire earrings are far easier than these chunky ones.