Scripts organizer

RandomRandom Posts: 173
edited October 2019 in New Users

In Poser scripts are easy to get at so there is little interruption of work flow. With Studio if you're working deep in an items menu tree, you have to work your way out, go to the script section, run the script and then work your way back in. I know you can click on the little arrows to navigate but it's still a pain, especially if you're using a Poser runtime item. Surely a shortcut might be added to the menu bar at the top to jump to and run Scripts. I don't see scripts in the Smart Content listing.

Post edited by Random on

Comments

• Right-click on the script (or indeed any piece of content)>Create Custom Action and you can add it to a sub-menu of your choice in the Scripts menu.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

You can also use the Visual Menus plugin to create pop-up panels with your most commonly used scripts as buttons. It's a "nice to have". The Scripts Menu that Richard mentioned works just fine. I just like being able to call up a panel right where I'm at on the screen instead of reaching up for the drop-down menu.

• RandomRandom Posts: 173

Great. Liked creating a favorite and will explore the plugin which looks good. Thanks, guys.

• RandomRandom Posts: 173

I've come to have a question related to my original one. The 2 suggestions above work fine when it comes to a particular item in your content library. Is there a way to have a shortcut aimed at a category, e.g. people or props or Genesis 8 male?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Random said:

I've come to have a question related to my original one. The 2 suggestions above work fine when it comes to a particular item in your content library. Is there a way to have a shortcut aimed at a category, e.g. people or props or Genesis 8 male?

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/specific_ui/set_content_library_container/start