Poser to DS

VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is there a way to convert a Poser model to work in DS? This one in paarticuylar: http://www.zme.me.uk/c (2nd wheelchair)

I don't have IPoser, but i can load it in DS afnd Carrara.c In DS, it's just a static, un-rigged statueu. But in Carrara, it shows me a whole tree of parts in the Scene tab.

P-p-p-pleeeeassse tell me there's a way.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

It works in DS, just fine...the problem is ALL the parts' controls are set 'Hidden'. With it selected in the Scene, go to the Parameters pane, and click on what looks like a little lined paper...then select "Show Hidden"...

025.png
    1280 x 1024 - 156K
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

WOOT! Got it. TRhanks.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Odd, I see all the parameter controls with nothing hidden at all. BUT... none of them are on the root "wheelchair" body part, they're on the mis-spelled "chasis" part. And they're in the Parameters "General" tab, not a separate tab — this is a very old model, dating back to before parameter groups were possible — and frequently people just don't think to look there.

A very nice model, though, thanks for pointing to it.

edited December 1969

Odd, I see all the parameter controls with nothing hidden at all. BUT... none of them are on the root "wheelchair" body part, they're on the mis-spelled "chasis" part. And they're in the Parameters "General" tab, not a separate tab — this is a very old model, dating back to before parameter groups were possible — and frequently people just don't think to look there.

A very nice model, though, thanks for pointing to it.

I had to open the cr2 to find them...and everything was 'hidden 1'...so I clicked on 'Show Hidden' and they all showed up...so I'm not sure what's up with it.

edited December 1969

Hmm... which one are you using, the one for P4/PPP or for P6? I'm using the P6 one, and I've just noticed the three models (adult, junior, teen) aren't all exactly the same. The teen version has all the controls in an "other" group on the Parameters tab (still on the "chasis" not the "wheelchair" part). As far as I can tell, the adult and junior chairs are exactly the same apart from size.

Are you using the newest version of D|S? I'm still on 4.6.0.18 (holding off on updating until the bug reports settle down). There might be a difference in the way old-style Poser content is loaded and converted.

edited December 1969

I'm still on 4.5.2.40...I've been waiting to upgrade until after I drop my new motherboard in.

I don't remember which one I loaded, but it could be the PP version.

I'm betting that each cr2 is different/unique...so that depending on how they are packaged, that would be 9 different cr2s. It's also from the era when handcrafting a cr2 wasn't all that uncommon...or at least doing changes manually.

edited December 1969

Um... When I ticked Show hidden in the parameters tab, nothing really happened. So i went to the Scene tab angd found Show Hidden Nodes. That brought up all the hidden nodes i needed

edited December 1969

That's weird — the three of us are getting it to work in three different ways. :smirk:

edited December 1969

The three ways of the three musketeers. Can anyone add a fourth? :D

Somone should make a newer one.