aligning 2 figures for pose

I have a pose set that is for male and female characters together. It was working perfectly, and when I would click each figure into the pose, they would 'find' each other and line up the way they are supposed to. But now, when I do it, they stay where they are and don't match up with each other. How do I fix it?

Comments

• I suspect they haev been moved, in different ways, using the figure node - the poses will (should) use the hips for relative plaement, on the assumption that the figures are aligned at the figure level. Make sure that any translations on the figure nodes match.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Personally, my workflow has always been...

1. Load each figure at the origin (0,0,0)
    2. Shape them, clothe them, give them hair, etc.
    3. Apply the couple poses
    4. Adjust as necessary (my figures are rarely the same height/size as what the pose creator expected)
    5. Create a group of the two figures
    6. Move the group to the final location where I want them in the scene

But Richard's suggestion may allow you to resolve your problem in place without sending them back to the origin.

• is there any way to return them to origin and zero their posing so I can start over?

• is there any way to return them to origin and zero their posing so I can start over?

There are a couple of ways: I made some presets for the task. Some use the Edit options.